Scouting Mich St

throwback

5 Q1 wins and 9 Q1/Q2 wins already - unreal. And starting Thursday they have 5 Q1 games in a row

MICH ST (15-2) #7   (5-2) (4-0) (2-0) (4-0)
QUAD SHEET NET Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Kansas N   L      
Fla GC H         W
La-Monroe H       W  
Tenn Tech H         W
UCLA N     W    
Texas N   W      

L'ville

A

L

Rutgers A     W    
Iowa H   W      

Florida

A

W

Green Bay H         W
Oakland H         W
N Illinois H       W  

N'western

H

W

Ohio St A   W      
Purdue H   W      
Penn St A     W    

Nebraska

A

x

Maryland H   x      
Iowa A   x      
Purdue A   x      
Indiana H  

x

Edited by throwback

Toughest test of the season so far...and this is for history.  21 home wins in a row!

2019 Schedule

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 13 9 Kansas L, 92-87 85   Neutral 0-1   a.gif
Sun Nov 11 13 262 Florida Gulf Coast W, 106-82 83   Home 1-1    
Wed Nov 14 13 143 Louisiana Monroe W, 80-59 72   Home 2-1    
Sun Nov 18 13 326 Tennessee Tech W, 101-33 68   Home 3-1    
Thu Nov 22 11 75 UCLA W, 87-67 74   Neutral 4-1   b.gif
Fri Nov 23 10 31 Texas W, 78-68 72   Neutral 5-1   a.gif
Tue Nov 27 8 25 Louisville L, 82-78 77 OT Away 5-2   a.gif
Fri Nov 30 11 110 Rutgers W, 78-67 64   Away 6-2 1-0 b.gif
Mon Dec 3 9 34 Iowa W, 90-68 68   Home 7-2 2-0 b.gif
Sat Dec 8 9 24 Florida W, 63-59 61   Away 8-2   a.gif
Sun Dec 16 8 207 Green Bay W, 104-83 85   Home 9-2    
Fri Dec 21 8 228 Oakland W, 99-69 71   Home 10-2    
Sat Dec 29 6 108 Northern Illinois W, 88-60 73   Home 11-2    
Wed Jan 2 5 59 Northwestern W, 81-55 70   Home 12-2 3-0  
Sat Jan 5 4 28 Ohio St. W, 86-77 69   Away 13-2 4-0 a.gif
Tue Jan 8 4 16 Purdue W, 77-59 64   Home 14-2 5-0 a.gif
Sun Jan 13 4 61 Penn St. W, 71-56 67   Away 15-2 6-0 a.gif

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I have a good, good feeling about the roof being lifted off the foundations on Thursday night at The Vault.

:D

The kegs at Longwell's and Gate 25 and Mellow Mushroom....and several other places better damn well be empty on Thursday!

Ward will be an animal and will get his. If we can play defense in him without fouling that will be huge. I don't think can guard Roby or cope is space. 

I think this game will come down to the "others" for MSU. Need to contain Winston. McQuaid is a shooter. And they have a couple guys who can do some damage. 

If there's any team that's designed to beat us, it's this team. HOWEVER. Langford and Aherns being out us huge. 

That plus the home atmosphere we will have will be huge. I hope we can pull this off. 

8 hours ago, 49r said:

The kegs at Longwell's and Gate 25 and Mellow Mushroom....and several other places better damn well be empty on Thursday!

They are all sharp enough to know how to order extra kegs and how to change them.

I don't want to be anywhere that tells me they are out of beer before I go to the game.

Well...I could order a Rusty Nail!

Lord have mercy, but no. I was in Sioux Falls. Our fans were SLOPPY. I am far, far from a teetotaler, but that experience alone made me change my stance on having beer at the arena. Cheer loud, have fun, but please don't yell during our own free throws and try to take photos with the players during the game (and steal their stuff from the bench).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Lord have mercy, but no. I was in Sioux Falls. Our fans were SLOPPY. I am far, far from a teetotaler, but that experience alone made me change my stance on having beer at the arena. Cheer loud, have fun, but please don't yell during our own free throws and try to take photos with the players during the game (and steal their stuff from the bench).

People don't get South Dakota drunk at the PBA

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

We will win this game.  People have to start realizing, Nebraska is a very good team this year.  

Michigan State is also a very good team. So whatever happens, happens. But should things go south this next game, people just need to realize that we're up there with the likes of MSU, Kansas, UNC, etc. right now.

this game should be a blast if both teams bring their better games. 

we haven't seen many dudes like Ward. Definitely need to lock Winston down. If we can disrupt their passing lanes enough, we can win this one and negate what for them should be a significant rebounding edge. 

Edit: Izzo, incidentally, is worried about this game. He was unusually bash-y with his team last time out and he's looking to pick up their fire a bit coming in. I take that as a good sign that he's playing the "my team isn't good enough" card at this moment. 

Edited by tcp

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

We have beaten better/similarly talented Michigan State teams with less talented Nebraska teams, correct?

I thought the same thing the other day, but it's not as great as I remember it.

We're 0 of our last 3 against Michigan State.

Home: 1-3, Away: 2-3 since joining the Big Ten. (Home: 0-2, Away: 2-3 when Michigan State was ranked.)

19 minutes ago, unl said:

I want this game’s atmosphere to be at least like Penn State last year. Can we pull that off? 

It would be nice to see.  You could tell that last night in the Indiana game the fans just didn't bring the energy other than sitting there "harrumph-ing" most of the game.  Had they been able to get past their feeling of entitlement and actually cheer the team on instead, I'm pretty confident they would have been able to  will their team on to at least have themselves in it at the end.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, their loss is our gain.  But a raucous environment from tip to buzzer could very well be the difference between winning and losing.

41 minutes ago, 49r said:

It would be nice to see.  You could tell that last night in the Indiana game the fans just didn't bring the energy other than sitting there "harrumph-ing" most of the game.  Had they been able to get past their feeling of entitlement and actually cheer the team on instead, I'm pretty confident they would have been able to  will their team on to at least have themselves in it at the end.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, their loss is our gain.  But a raucous environment from tip to buzzer could very well be the difference between winning and losing.

I did have a question, because you really couldn't tell via television; but did the crowd start out lethargic, or did our early run simply take them totally out of the game?