uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 17 - @ Indiana

uneblinstu

Well, that was about the perfect start to the game.

Roby's 2nd...woof...Changed the course of the half.

Couple bad possessions late in the half gave IU a little life.

How does NU finish the half? That may go a long way towards deciding this one...Not great as it turns out. 

IU started the 2nd half the aggressor. Down to 5 point lead as of this typing.

Copeland needs to box out on that jump ball. He can struggle with that at times.

JPJ with some questionable shot selection.

Tanner Borchardt had himself a night.

That sequence where JPJ missed the bunny that turned into a Glynn 3 might have been the game changer.

The answer after IU cut the lead to 5 was a work of art.

The zone was effective once again.

Good to see Nana and TB in the 2nd half more.

Better defensive effort tonight. Hope that carries over. Saw much more of what we saw early in the season. 

Really controlled nearly this entire game. Huge win for some many reasons!

Thursday sets up for a monster opportunity.

Man, we sort of curb stomped them in retrospect.  We got up early, was able to fight off a couple of runs, we beat a good Indiana team on the road.  

- A lot of people, a lot, gave up on this team.  Good grief, get a grip.

- Roby is playing better and better.  Man he got hit with a couple phantom fouls again tonight.  

- A lot of people were sort of bashing on Cope.  He had a very good all-around game tonight.

- Tanner...atta baby!  What a tough S.O.B.  That may be his best game of his career.

- Brady is over-matched, but we knew that was going to happen, right?  

- James had an okay game.  Nothing great, other than that dunk at the end of the first half.  That got us the momentum going into the half.

- Glynn was a stud tonight...flat out stud.  That steal from his stomach was amazing.

- Nana is rusty.  We need you my man, get your shot back.

- Tom was quietly fantastic tonight, obviously on offense, but he had a very good defensive night tonight.

- Bad offensive stretch in the first half...the good news is that we fought through it PLUS we played defense during the period.

...and oh yeah, GREAT job rebounding tonight, and GREAT job on the defensive end.  

Hey Mr. Moos, thanks for being there.

Edited by Huskerpapa

What a great win! One of the best parts is we beat the zebras also! They were awful. I can't believe the man crush the stripes had for him. Phantom calls on Roby, Palmer, and Cope! Even though the game was over, that out of bounds call on Roby was AWFUL. Surprise, surprise, the call favors Romeo. Also, Cope's 4th with 4:30 to go was trash as well.

But enough complaining, what a hell of an effort! Such a fun game (and team) to watch. Let's keep it going. Thursday just became that much bigger!!

Hate this team we can never seem to pull out a close game. I mean another double digit game. ? Oh and did I mention fire Miles!

Our offense didn’t have a FG for 9..... 

“what... we won?” Oh, well Michigan State is still definitely a must win. I’ll believe when we beat someone in the top 10.

Edited by cjbowbros

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

That's how you play defense on the road. That was a team that's been dominant at home all season, has wins over Marquette & Louisville, and we smoked them on their home floor. 

That score will leave a mark on Selection Sunday. 

A mark like it does in your shorts?

26 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Thursday sets up for a monster opportunity. 

Exactly. These are the types we lose, but the only kinds we lose at the vault. Michigan a couple years ago? Only loss. But I can see us winning this. Gonna be a tough one but I'm super excited to be that this game. Fingers crossed we dont have a sh*tty environment again. I'm guessing not. I feel like the PSU debacle was due to fan morale being low after 2 straight losses. You know what pumps up sker fans? GRITTY WINS ON THE ROAD. Gonna be rockin'.