Nebraska (12-4) vs. Indiana (12-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I was listening to 1480 this morning and some jackwagon called in and blasted Husker basketball.  I believe he said that he and "his group of friends" have decided that there was no chance for the Huskers to make the NCAA tournament, a very slim chance we will make the NIT and no chance that coach Miles will be retained.  In fact, he decided to dis Coach Miles by calling him Tiny Tim.

I realize people have the right to provide an opinion, but it is that sort of uneducated, biased crap that drives me up a wall.  Then that same person or group of people will jump late on to the band wagon and claim they are a die-hard fan. Balderdash!  Flippin fair-weather fans.  

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

I was listening to 1480 this morning and some jackwagon called in and blasted Husker basketball.  I believe he said that he and "his group of friends" have decided that there was no chance for the Huskers to make the NCAA tournament, a very slim chance we will make the NIT and no chance that coach Miles will be retained.  In fact, he decided to dis Coach Miles by calling him Tiny Tim.

I realize people have the right to provide an opinion, but it is that sort of uneducated, biased crap that drives me up a wall.  Then that same person or group of people will jump late on to the band wagon and claim they are a die-hard fan. Balderdash!  Flippin fair-weather fans.  

I might be a little controversial here but hear me out...

Creighton fans chastise (most) Husker fans for "not knowing anything about basketball" and this is the perfect example of what they are talking about.  Nebraska fans (for the most part) are complete idiots, and have no idea what they are looking at with this team.  What I can say is that I am fairly confident in saying that (rivalry aside) pretty much any Creighton fan would happily trade their current team with ours.

Now, having said all that I must cleanse myself by saying "F Creighton".

Just now, 49r said:

Creighton fans chastise (most) Husker fans for "not knowing anything about basketball" and this is the perfect example of what they are talking about.  Nebraska fans (for the most part) are complete idiots, and have no idea what they are looking at with this team.  What I can say is that I am fairly confident in saying that (rivalry aside) pretty much any Creighton fan would happily trade their current team with ours.

Agreed.  It's like we either have to be Top 10 and 1-2 losses per year or we are terrible and not making the dance.  I know about 335-340 teams that would trade their current team with ours.

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

https://youtu.be/X6GYFVRuPcY

Was it this guy? ?

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Creighton fans chastise (most) Husker fans for "not knowing anything about basketball" and this is the perfect example of what they are talking about.  Nebraska fans (for the most part) are complete idiots, and have no idea what they are looking at with this team.

Not saying you're wrong, but would be interested to know how you qualify/quantify this.  In other words, Creighton fan XYZ can (fill in the blank) far better than Husker fan XYZ when evaluating a basketball game or team.

Nice win tonight.  I say this as the type of guy that only shows up on these boards after a win.

10 minutes ago, rwmctrofholz said:

Not saying you're wrong, but would be interested to know how you qualify/quantify this.  In other words, Creighton fan XYZ can (fill in the blank) far better than Husker fan XYZ when evaluating a basketball game or team.

Nice win tonight.  I say this as the type of guy that only shows up on these boards after a win.

I only said *most* Husker fans.  There are a whole bunch of them out there that have no idea how hoops works.  For the most part, the HHC posters are not those.

as an aside has anyone else noticed how @nustudent and @PimpMario  have been totally absent from the boards tonight?

Really? Another fan "purge"? Everyone deals with stuff differently. Some people always expect the worst, others would be optimistic with the Grim reaper two feet away. Most of us are scattered in between. 

I love big wins, hate bad losses, but what I dread most is the post-game "I told ya so's" pettiness that emerges in either case. 

That sh*t gets old. 

7 hours ago, 49r said:

I only said *most* Husker fans.  There are a whole bunch of them out there that have no idea how hoops works.  For the most part, the HHC posters are not those.

as an aside has anyone else noticed how @nustudent and @PimpMario  have been totally absent from the boards tonight?

Right on, man.   While I find your reply unsatisfactory, I'm still riding high after the W last night and am cool letting the issue go.  

10 hours ago, 49r said:

The Creighton fans that I know would gladly trade for this team I can say with the utmost certainty. They get more defensive when I talk about the program as a whole compared to this year's teams for each respective university. 

• 1 month later...