Scouting Indiana

brfrad

Indiana is 12-3 3-1 in conference

Conference games :

Northwestern at home W 68 - 66

Penn State away W 64 - 62

Illinois home W 73 - 65

Michigan away L 63 - 74

Not a great FT shooting team (65.0%), a decent 3 point shooting team, that defends the 3 well. Shooting 36.0 %.  Opposing shooting 29.4 %.

In conference play, a little better from free throw (70.2%) but worse from 3  (30.9%).  Still defend the 3 well (26.8%)

Their best player is true freshmen Romeo Langford (probably only time we will see him unless we meet in the post season) Avg. 18.2 PPG 5.7 RPG.  Palmer will have his hands full.  Langford is 6'6".  Does not shoot the 3 well at all.  22.6 % from 3.  

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Conference games :

Illinois home W 73 - 65

Michigan away L 63 - 74

Not a great FT shooting team (65.0%), a decent 3 point shooting team, that defends the 3 well. Shooting 36.0 %.  Opposing shooting 29.4 %.

In conference play, a little better from free throw (70.2%) but worse from 3  (30.9%).  Still defend the 3 well (26.8%)

Their best player is true freshmen Romeo Langford (probably only time we will see him unless we meet in the post season) Avg. 18.2 PPG 5.7 RPG.  Palmer will have his hands full.  Langford is 6'6".  Does not shoot the 3 well at all.  22.6 % from 3.  

Indiana plays tonight at Maryland. Could be an entertaining matchup.

they've been tough at home so far. It'll take our best road effort of the year to beat them at Assembly. 

At this point, I'm pretty resigned to hoping to pick off road wins from the bottom feeders who are tough enough in their own right. 

But it would sure be nice to have one good quality road win this season. Why not IU?

Just now, brfrad said:

I think we match-up well with Indiana.  They don't have much of a post presence.  They aren't the best offensive rebounding team.  It still is going to take one of our better efforts of the year, but we can win.

Rebound the basket, better (relatively), on the defensive end; that will lead to fast breaks & opportunities in the secondary break. I am looking forward to winning in Assembly Hall once again! GBR !!!

Justin Smith will be a handful for cope. Believe he went for 20 against us last year. Same with Morgan, Roby will have to control him. 

In order to win this game we'll have to win the backcourt matchups. JPJ will have his hands full with Romeo and they rotate about 2-3 guards off the bench. 

I'm not going to call this a MUST WIN. But confidence wise going into the MSU game on Thursday, it's as close as it gets. 

50 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Justin Smith will be a handful for cope. Believe he went for 20 against us last year. Same with Morgan, Roby will have to control him. 

In order to win this game we'll have to win the backcourt matchups. JPJ will have his hands full with Romeo and they rotate about 2-3 guards off the bench. 

I'm not going to call this a MUST WIN. But confidence wise going into the MSU game on Thursday, it's as close as it gets. 

Really not even close to a must win.  While no road game should ever be “must win,” playing @Indiana is far from it.  I posted the other day... they have one of the best home winning percentages and a first round draft pick this year.  

Ifnypu want must win win road games for us this year, try PSU, Rutgers, and Illinois.  

4 hours ago, brfrad said:

Conference games :

Illinois home W 73 - 65

Michigan away L 63 - 74

That's a lot of close wins against the bottom of the league, their fans must find this unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Really not even close to a must win.  While no road game should ever be “must win,” playing @Indiana is far from it.  I posted the other day... they have one of the best home winning percentages and a first round draft pick this year.  

Ifnypu want must win win road games for us this year, try PSU, Rutgers, and Illinois.  

Miles is currently 4-4 against Indiana.

Home: 2-2

Away: 2-2

35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yeah like I said, I'm not necessarily calling it a must win. But for confidence purposes they'll play like it. So they have a rhythm with MSU coming to town on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

Yeah like I said, I'm not necessarily calling it a must win. But for confidence purposes they'll play like it. So they have a rhythm with MSU coming to town on Thursday. 

I get what you mean.  More of a “let’s keep the ball rolling for MSU” type of game.  I agree that it would be huge to head into MSU at 3-3

INDIANA (12-4) #23   (3-3) (2-1) (1-0) (6-0)
QUAD SHEET NET Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4

Chicago St

H

W

Montana St H         W
Marquette H   W      
Arkansas A     L    

UT-Arlingtn

H

W

UC Davis H         W
Duke A   L      
N'western H     W    
Penn St A   W      

L'ville

H

W

Butler N   W      
C Ark H         W
J'ville H         W
Illinois H       W  

Michigan

A

L

Maryland A   L      
Nebraska H   x      
Purdue A   x      

N'western

A

x

Michigan H   x      
Rutgers A     x    

Indiana in the midst of 6 straight Q1 games - they've started this stretch 0-2, hopefully it's 0-3 after Monday.

Edited by throwback

Hummm, I do not know why, and I promise you I am not drinking or taking any other mind altering drug; but for whatever reason, I think we beat Indiana by double figures tonight!

Now, I am not so bold that I will go and change my game prediction, but sometimes you just get these premonitions, know what I am saying.  

in awe what GIF

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

rikki-tikka-tava said: ↑

No interest in watching IU's bench behave like idiots on national tv.

No kidding.

Was bad enough when our old strength coach used to dance on the sidelines . . . act like you've been there.

TIME FOR OUR BENCH TO STEP UP IN THIS GAME AS WELL!

Hahaha...thing is, we have never been there.  So...