If Miles is Fired This Year

cjbowbros

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

That might be a stretch. Triple my salary and I'll be more than open to an opportunity.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm certainly not in the "give a blank check" crowd, and even if we were fortunate enough to do so, it's not in the best interest of the university.

But in a world of "if some school paid a coach $15M a year" then you're going to find some really interested and qualified coaches.

Heck 15 million is triple Steve Kerr’s salary why go after an NCAA champion when you could have a world champion. If we end up with Jay Wright I’m just going to stop watching. Kerr or Tyron Lue’s team could beat Jay Wright’s team 100 times out of 100.

4 hours ago, rr52 said:

If Miles does get fired do you throw $3.5-4 million at Jay Wright (currently making $2.56 million at 'Nova) or Frank Martin (currently making $2.85 million at S. Carolina)? Would think with names like that the recruit loss would be minimal. Thought there were reports a year or two ago that Martin was possible candidate when Miles was on hot seat. Actually hoping this a moot point and Miles gets NU to the Big Dance and wins a couple.

That is a hard NO on both and I'd throw Dana into that mix as well.

Martin and Altman are both dirty and we don't need that here. I don't want to win that badly.

2 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Martin and Altman are both dirty and we don't need that here. I don't want to win that badly.

A hard NO on a 2 time national championship coach? And don't recall Villanova being brought up in the FBI investigation. Not sure there is a coach that will meet your standards. And if you would've went through all replies I said why I brought those 2 coaches up.

21 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Not gonna speculate on Miles job, but a hard no on Jay Wright is a mind blowing take. It will never happen, but aside from maybe 5 schools, every team in the country would trade their coach for Wright in a heartbeat - as they should. 

My fandom for Nebrasketball runs very deep and hiring the likes of a Pitino/Wright/Martin or anyone that appears to place winning above everything and all rules would have me seriously questioning my loyalty to the program and University.

As many have said, in Timmy I trust and I fully expect Miles to be around for the long haul after we pick off multiple wins in the tournament and erect.a statue of him outside of PBA.

When we beat Penn St. tomorrow and eventually pick off a high quality road win (it will happen, keep the faith), these non sensical conversations and debates on our next coach will hopefully end!

16 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

Head coaches, yes.
Assistant coaches, sometimes. (At Nebraska they're paid pretty well, but at other schools that isn't always the case.)
Operations staff, not so much...but when the HC goes, generally so does the entire staff. It's part of the game, to be sure, and that's a known risk, but those guys aren't paid any differently than most everyday folks and get the boot too. Just...food for thought. I've known a few of them over the years, and that can be kind of a rough deal.

Yes, of course. As mentioned previously, I was referring to the "coaches" themselves. I know there's more to the story. Life is hard, for all involved. But, that's the game of coaching, in a nutshell. They know the score before going head-first into the great unknown.

I get that eventually you have to perform but the whole spin the coaching wheel in hopes of something better often leaves programs on a hamster wheel I feel like.

Who knows the next guy you get might struggle to draw up an inbounds play when you are up 3 with 0.8 seconds left?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, unl said:

My night is ruined I am so ticked off about this loss. But we won at Indiana a week ago and this is NU’s first bad loss. Unreal take here. Five of next seven at home. 

It’s the reason I’ve challenged it the whole night.  It’s just not true.  One thing to be down like the rest of us.  Another to completely give up and think all is lost.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

It’s the reason I’ve challenged it the whole night.  It’s just not true.  One thing to be down like the rest of us.  Another to completely give up and think all is lost.

Denial is a wonderful thing.  I am so jealous of those who are not burdened by reality.