2019 SG Charlie Easley (L Pius)

22 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Easleys are fine. Money isn't an issue. I don't know where you came up with that.

Talking with someone who is very close with him. I'm not saying they're hurting for money, it just doesn't sound like walking on anywhere is something he's looking to do other than as a last option. 

Congratulations to Charlie and to Pius. On the 30th Anniversary of when your dad's team blew a 10-point lead in the final minute to eventually lose to ... did anybody hear about that during the broadcast? ... Wahoo, you avenged that loss and came through with a State Championship.  Good on ya, buddy.

I will say that when you're up 10 in the final seconds of the game and the other team has stopped trying to foul and is allowing you to bring the ball up the floor freely, it is EXTREMELY BAD FORM for one of your teammates to go in and dunk on them. Extremely bad form. Puts a damper on what was otherwise a quality and gritty performance.

Edited by Norm Peterson

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I will say that when you're up 10 in the final seconds of the game and the other team has stopped trying to foul and is allowing you to bring the ball up the floor freely, it is EXTREMELY BAD FORM for one of your teammates to go in and dunk on them. Extremely bad form. Puts a damper on what was otherwise a quality and gritty performance.

Yeah, that was a poor move.  Kid is walking on in football at NU.  If there is an upperclass Roncalli player #32 may just get a welcoming hit in fall camp....

My opinion-Easley, very good basketball player. But not best player in state as I watched Lincoln NorthStar/Prep and Omaha South/Kearney 

Pius fan sitting beside me at Class B semi-finals on Pius last possession of regulation of tie game opinion- "When you are the best player in the state go get the ball and win the game Charlie."

Just goes to show you opinions are like a**hole*. Everybody has one.

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Just out of curiosity - what's the difference between Charlie Easley and some of the Iowa or Wisconsin guys who have destroyed us over the past few years? 

One thing could be he's just not as good as those guys and some of those are local kids that Wisconsin and Iowa beat out other big programs for.

However, if your thought is Easley is as good all around as Brevin Pritzl (4 star) or Jordan Bohannon (3-4 Star, 3 brothers who play(ed) Div 1) then the problem is lack of exposure on the AAU circuit and/or his high school competition is seen as inferior.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, HuskerDaysFan said:

NO. Don't need him. 

Duh. We never *need* walkons. Until your starting PF blows his ACL, your starting SG suffers a high ankle sprain, your part-time starter at the 3 gets suspended for not following unspecified rules, your back-up PG tweaks a knee, your back-up SG/SF blows his Achilles, your back-up PF transfers in December, and you've got a guy sitting out as a transfer, and you either play five guys the whole game or go with a couple of walk-ons.