Clemson-ass Teams..

And by that I mean there are more Clemson-ass teams (fairly talented slightly above bubble opponents who are difficult to beat on the road) on our schedule than I can remember in recent past.  I keep looking at the schedule thinking to myself, "Oh... here's another Clemson-ass team."  

Clemson

Seton Hall

Creighton

Oklahoma State

Iowa

Minnesota

Indiana

Wisconsin

Maryland

Ohio State (they haven't shown me enough to merit that ranking) . 

I suppose this is the feeling one gets when our SOS is so high.  Every one of those teams is a very tough out and requires a very good game to come out with a W, but they all look the same in terms of their decent overall ability.  It's like playing Kansas State (the ultimate Clemson-ass team) every week.  I feel as though every one of these teams is a win at home and a toss-up on the road.  That's why I don't feel any panic at the moment.  

2 hours ago, tcp said:

I distinctly remember us working hard to give that game to Clemson. They ran out of time. So Clemson-ass is pretty scary. 

I, for one, am swearing off the NET kool aid. It's made me overrate my team. 

Last year, we passed the eye test, but failed the computer test.  This year, we pass the computer test, but we fail the eye test *as of now.  I would rather pass the computer test.

49 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

This might be blasphemous for some, but if Jordy T would have hung around this is a very different team. Our lack of a legit #5 has become more problematic than I’d thought, especially in Conference. Too bad we couldn’t get Brady in the Hot Tub Time Machine & get the 2021 version...

We dont havea legit 5 with Jordy

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

This might be blasphemous for some, but if Jordy T would have hung around this is a very different team. Our lack of a legit #5 has become more problematic than I’d thought, especially in Conference. Too bad we couldn’t get Brady in the Hot Tub Time Machine & get the 2021 version...

Depends if he had made any strides but yeah a big is likely the difference between 3-1 and 1-3 right now 

Both Jacobson & Morrow we’re power forwards, not traditional back to the basket Centers, we all know that. Would they have been a better option @ the 5 then Jordy, perhaps. But playing the “what if” game doesn’t help us moving forward. Borchardt/Heiman need to be serviceable, Copeland/Roby need to be a threat on the block & get the other guy in foul trouble for a change.

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Both Jacobson & Morrow we’re power forwards, not traditional back to the basket Centers, we all know that. Would they have been a better option @ the 5 then Jordy, perhaps. But playing the “what if” game doesn’t help us moving forward. Borchardt/Heiman need to be serviceable, Copeland/Roby need to be a threat on the block & get the other guy in foul trouble for a change.

Won't disagree that they were closer to PFs than a traditional center.  Main point here...Jordy isn't/wasn't good.   I think Borchardt is better than Jordy.  But we needed to have someone better than Borchardt to take those minutes. 

51 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Is this thread supposed to be Clemson-ass, or should it be Clemson-esque?

So like "Get your Clemson-ass turnovers out of here!"

Or "The way they turn the ball over is Clemson-esque?

Asking for a friend who's been wondering for two days.

"-esque" would be the less humorous and more technically correct semantic term.  However, the incessant amount of Clemson-esque teams on our schedule has resulted in the aforementioned "-ass" morpheme.  So, instead of saying, "This team is Clemson-esque in terms of their overall talent," the language has evolved into, "Oh God, another Clemson-ass team on the road."  

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Is this thread supposed to be Clemson-ass, or should it be Clemson-esque?

So like "Get your Clemson-ass turnovers out of here!"

Or "The way they turn the ball over is Clemson-esque?

Asking for a friend who's been wondering for two days.

People have their preferences, but I'm more of an esque-man myself...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Probably doesn't help to have your best player suffering from bipolar disorder, either.  Kinda feel bad for Watkins, that's a rough hand to be dealt in life.

Truly does suck for him, but it could be a lot worse.  Being a high profile athlete gives you a lot of extra chances to get the help you need with a lot of extra people looking out for you.  A sort of silver lining if you will