A sobering stat

1 minute ago, aphilso1 said:

CBK?  I don't think I have.  I had KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) once and it was pretty delicious, although pricier and harder to find than it's worth.  Is that what you meant, or is CBK a thing too? 

Regardless, I've tried a bunch of whiskey barrel-aged beers and Dragon's Milk by New Holland Brewing is my favorite.

that's the one, Sorry I had it wrong. I hear it is very good.

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

that's the one, Sorry I had it wrong. I hear it is very good.

Yes, it is.  But not so good that it's worth paying an arm and a leg for.  In the grand scheme of things I don't even remember its subtleties, and probably couldn't pick it out in a blind taste test with other bourbon barrel-aged beers.  

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Speaking of sobering statistics, I have started a bit of a new tradition this season whereby I open up one of these bad boys at halftime:

718626_product_front_0.png?itok=VswjPu1j

That's a 750mL bottle of 9% ABV strong ale from Quebec and it is tasty.  It's usually been coupled with a nice strong second half performance for the Huskers on the court as well.  Coincidentally (or maybe not, you make the call) I have not had any alcohol for either of the last two games.  I guess maybe I should hold myself accountable.  Sorry, guys, I've let everybody down with my sobriety.

No NyQuil chasers... yet?

OK... I'm going to reign this thread back in. Over/Under, how many weeks until we're back in the Top 25? I'll say 3, after knocking off Michigan St at home and getting our Conference record back over .500 at 4-3 we will re-enter the rankings and remain in the high teens to "those receiving votes" for the remainder of the season.

29 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

OK... I'm going to reign this thread back in. Over/Under, how many weeks until we're back in the Top 25? I'll say 3, after knocking off Michigan St at home and getting our Conference record back over .500 at 4-3 we will re-enter the rankings and remain in the high teens to "those receiving votes" for the remainder of the season.

If I understand the "wager" correctly, Overs.   As in, it will be way more than 3 weeks before we're back in the top 25.   As in not this year.

38 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I'll play... OVER.

We'll re-enter on 2/4 with a record of 17-5 (7-4) and our loss in that span will either be to MSU or @Indiana.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

If you had asked this question on January 2, 1995, and you set the Over/Under at 1,000 calendar weeks, the Over would have won.  Another sobering stat.

34 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If you had asked this question on January 2, 1995, and you set the Over/Under at 1,000 calendar weeks, the Over would have won.  Another sobering stat.

And Tim Miles has done it for multiple weeks across multiple years in his stint at Nebraska.  Kind of puts things into perspective.

Edited by hskr4life

That got me curious... Their wins are...

OSU- Home (2018-2019)

Wisconsin- Home (2017-2018)

Iowa- Home (2017-2018)

Northwester- Home (2017-2018)

Nebraska- Home (2016-2017)

Penn State- Away (2016-2017)

Illinois- Home (2016-2017)

Minnesota- Home (2015-2016)

Penn State- Home (2014-2015)

#4 Wisconsin- Home (2014-2015)

Minnesota- B10 Tourney (2018)

Indiana- B10 Tourney (2018)

Ohio State- B10 Tourney (2017)

Since joining the Big Ten, Nebraska is 51-79 in league play.  Including wins at home and away vs every B1G team but Purdue and Michigan, we've only ever beaten the last two at home.

We are 3-7 in the Big Ten Tournament with wins against Purdue, Rutgers and Wisconsin.

Edited by 49r

On 1/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, aphilso1 said:

I'm a stout guy but rarely drink Guinness because for my palate it's too thin and watery.  I'll drink it on the patio on a hot summer day, but that's about it.  In the wintertime I'd much rather have an imperial or barrel-aged stout, something along the lines of Even More Jesus, Certified Evil, or Dragon's Milk.

I like this guy. Im a Brew head (craft guy? Still trying to find a name for beer enthusiast that doesnt sound weird) through and through. ✊