Penn State - Coach Chambers

Huskerpapa

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/penn-state-coach-patrick-chambers-apologizes-after-appearing-to-push-player-during-loss-to-michigan/ar-BBRMLns?li=BBnb7Kz

Not a good move by Coach Chambers.  I am not sure who has the worst temper, Fran or Chambers.  The fact that after the push, the announcers sort of made light of the push, referencing the move may be an upcoming 30-30 episode, doesn't help matters.  

Edited by Huskerpapa

56 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

announcers sort of made light of the push, referencing the move may be an upcoming 30-30 episode

You're talking about Dan Dakich who is not only known for being opinionated but was also a player under Bob Knight. He's making a joke because I assume the thinks the criticism of Bob Knight is overblown.

30 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

You're talking about Dan Dakich who is not only known for being opinionated but was also a player under Bob Knight. He's making a joke because I assume the thinks the criticism of Bob Knight is overblown.

Very true, yet in today's environment, his casual reaction to the event could draw equal scorn as the event itself.  

2 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

So a simple follow up question; do you think Dan's comments, after a coach pushes a player, were appropriate in today's world?

"Appropriate in today's world" implies that him laughing off a coach hitting a guy in the chest was appropriate at any point, assuming he was actually watching his monitor at the time it happened and saw more than Chambers just yelling at a guy which most people would consider appropriate. 

To me there is a world full of announcers with poor takes and people agreeing or disagreeing with them and this is just another unnoteworty one...the issue here is with Chambers and Dan Dakich's opinion didn't change how Chambers addressed the issue which is the only thing here that really matters.

9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

https://deadspin.com/referee-karl-hess-came-within-moments-of-catching-a-swi-1831479432

...and in another event last evening, Karl Hess has made another friend.  What a jackwagon!

Hess ejected Miles from the tourney game.  Good God, I had forgotten Baylor had 48 free throws to our 16 in that game.  

50 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

After watching both Chambers and Montgomery incidents, at first blush, I feel like Montgomery incident>Chambers.  I'm not sure why.  With that said, not a good either way.

There are a couple of big differences.  Montgomery was taking teams to the NCAA Tournament on the reg, and Chambers is not.  Also, Cal won their game, PSU did not.