uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 14 - @ Maryland

uneblinstu

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

Good effort.  Maryland got hot.  They are a tough matchup inside for us at home.  

Hard to complain too much about a lead in the last minute on a quality oppenent’s home court.  We were in a good position to win the game.  

Exactly right.   When you are playing a quality team on the road you should not complain if you are in the game with a chance to win at the end.  We just need some of those to go our way - and I am confident that they will.

Didn't read through this, but we have got to get a better look up one under a minute than a long two by Palmer.  We need to try to explore attacking.  Ball got stuck and that doesn't create driving lanes.  That was a chance to all but end it and we shit the bed.  Bailed them out with a long two.  The exact shot you don't ever want to take, let alone at the most important time.  

One of the things that’s hurts the team in close games is Palmer cheating/freelancing on defense. If you look at a lot of the situations where the D has to go into scramble mode, it’s because he lost track of his man while trying to make a play on or watching where the ball is. A perfect example is when he lost Cowan at the top of the key for a layup because he was looking at the ball in the post. In a blowout those mistakes are hidden but giving up those two easy points were huge tonight.

5 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Beating Iowa would help. As I said earlier, 3-3 would be solid during this stretch. Iowa is very winnable. As is Indiana on the road. I’m afraid Rutgers won’t be an easy task. But such is life in the Big Ten this year. 

Why is Rutgers, which should be a gimmie included in this stretch?  That seems arbitrary

4 hours ago, PimpMario said:

?  Most coaches don't lose most 50-50 games down the stretch.  I would settle for winning 50 percent of them.

For some reason it didn’t also quote what you were responding too. Was trying to say basically every coach carry’s the blame for the loss and gets little praise for the wins - unless they are a HOFer.

8 hours ago, jimmychitwood said:

One of the things that’s hurts the team in close games is Palmer cheating/freelancing on defense. If you look at a lot of the situations where the D has to go into scramble mode, it’s because he lost track of his man while trying to make a play on or watching where the ball is. A perfect example is when he lost Cowan at the top of the key for a layup because he was looking at the ball in the post. In a blowout those mistakes are hidden but giving up those two easy points were huge tonight.

Some of it is because he’s tired but ya Palmer isn’t always locked in defensively. For everything else he gives us it’s just kinda something you have to accept though 

Not to be ref guy, but did it bother anyone else that we were called for 2 or 3 questionable "trip" fouls and then Allen was clearly tripped on the way to a layup, turned it over, and Maryland hit a 3 to  tie it on their 10-2 run? That felt like a big turning point to me. Of course there were a lot of other things that went wrong.

2 minutes ago, avfan2121 said:

Not to be ref guy, but did it bother anyone else that we were called for 2 or 3 questionable "trip" fouls and then Allen was clearly tripped on the way to a layup, turned it over, and Maryland hit a 3 to  tie it on their 10-2 run? That felt like a big turning point to me. Of course there were a lot of other things that went wrong.

I scared my girls half to death and got in trouble with the wife when I became unglued and yelled at the TV when that sequence happened. 

3 minutes ago, avfan2121 said:

Ya but not as much as the fact they were able to body us all night as we tried to set up offense and only got called for it twice that I saw 

2 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Ya but not as much as the fact they were able to body us all night as we tried to set up offense and only got called for it twice that I saw 

When it comes to 50/50 officiating, it seems that other teams are always allowed to play with much more physicality than we are allowed. Then Roby will get called for breathing on a guy. 

2 minutes ago, avfan2121 said:

When it comes to 50/50 officiating, it seems that other teams are always allowed to play with much more physicality than we are allowed. Then Roby will get called for breathing on a guy. 

Yup roby has improved quite a bit in the last hand full of games in that regard however. That and the questionable touches Bruno had in the post ticked me off last night