Season and BIG stats

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Here is the total season stats. http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5480803.pdf

And here is the BIG season stats. http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5480804.pdf

Kate has shot only 7 free throws in 11 games.   Verbeek has 31.   Kate is so limited on offense but her defensive presence is needed.  She is difficult to pass to because she isn’t very active getting to the ball.  

15 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Kate has shot only 7 free throws in 11 games.   Verbeek has 31.   Kate is so limited on offense but her defensive presence is needed.  She is difficult to pass to because she isn’t very active getting to the ball.  

At our exhibition game my wife noticed that Kate looked slimmer. But as the game rolled on she also noticed that Kate seemed limited in her mobility.  I have been watching her move in the games since and agree that she has not taken a step up in that area even after a year in the strength and conditioning program.  She has trouble setting screens without getting called for a foul and when a pass comes in she has trouble moving into the right position to catch it.  As someone noted earlier maybe she has developed chronic knee problems.  Playing a long schedule in college plus high level practices is a lot different than High School.  It seems to have taken a toll on her confidence.  I hope the best for her as we really need her defense.  She and A. Veerbeek compliment each other so maybe less minutes will help. 

She will always be "the big girl" because she has large number of slow twitch muscles.

She will be the same all the time she is here.. This isn't a knock and I am truly happy she came here to play.

She is just a very thickly built strong girl. Like some have said she and Veerbeek are perfect together.. Veerbeek will get more playing time as the year goes and maybe even next year.  But, we really need what Kate brings to the table for us to be good or even great.