OHIO STATE GAME DAY 12-31

redsteve

Have to give Coach credit. She has blended the freshman into the team, even though they could have sit the bench and learned. Got them ready to play from day one. 

Still maintain the increased depth (talented) is having it's affect on other teams. Run them out of gas ..or fouls them out.

We definitely came alive (Nicea) in the forth. Hannah hit 3's . Maddie's short jumper has become deadly.  Brown kept us in the game until we could get it together, and blow them out late.

Edited by redsteve

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

I read some where that Minnesota was a bit over rated.

after watching minny-wiscy game---that was my reaction. they just didn't seem to have that "get up and go" like they did last season. who knows, might change yet. maybe it will once they get hubbard back (i think she is the one out with injury---she adds another "3" dimension).

Looks like the chemistry between players continues to strengthen.  Lots of different lineups on the floor.

For the most part, stayed with it on the defensive end even when the offense was non-existent in the 1st and 3rd quarters.  I thought OSU played good defense during those periods, they just couldn't sustain it for either half.

Generally limited turnovers again and forced a bunch that led to points.  Liked the 1-3-1 wrinkle - I haven't seen many games, so don't know if NU has used it much previously.  OSU struggled a bit against it.

Juhasz has the potential to be really good - very smooth and athletic.

4 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Looks like the chemistry between players continues to strengthen.  Lots of different lineups on the floor.

For the most part, stayed with it on the defensive end even when the offense was non-existent in the 1st and 3rd quarters.  I thought OSU played good defense during those periods, they just couldn't sustain it for either half.

Generally limited turnovers again and forced a bunch that led to points.  Liked the 1-3-1 wrinkle - I haven't seen many games, so don't know if NU has used it much previously.  OSU struggled a bit against it.

Juhasz has the potential to be really good - very smooth and athletic.

The 1-3-1 is the first time the Huskers have used it.

Oh man Cain's stat line makes me sad.... Are teams smaller and quicker this year to keep her from staying up with them? I know foul troubles are killing her but only 1 shot and 2 rebounds in 16 minutes!!! That's not good.. I hope she finds her rhythm... Maybe people are sucking in on her because of last year and teams are waiting for us to be able to shoot from the outside consistently before they quit caving in on her...

24 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Oh man Cain's stat line makes me sad.... Are teams smaller and quicker this year to keep her from staying up with them? I know foul troubles are killing her but only 1 shot and 2 rebounds in 16 minutes!!! That's not good.. I hope she finds her rhythm... Maybe people are sucking in on her because of last year and teams are waiting for us to be able to shoot from the outside consistently before they quit caving in on her...

too many times i saw her playing offense out around the perimeter-------and, i am just going "whut---why?" i would like to see her battle for that ball down below. just watch how gustafson fights for position down below. i just don't see that aggressiveness from cain. might help open things up more from the outside---especially for kissinger. something she might benefit from. dang, if simon could just clean up that (passing) game a little. limit those "brain farts". she still ends up with 16. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo