OHIO STATE GAME DAY 12-31

redsteve

Nebraska Cornhuskers
at Ohio State Buckeyes
Monday, December 31, 2018, Noon (CT)
Value City Arena (19,049) - Columbus, Ohio
Television: BTN (Chris Vosters - Play-by-Play; Christy Winters Scott - Analyst)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln-B107.3 FM; Omaha-ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Ohio State lost all five starters including All-American Kelsey Mitchell....but....have three transfers starters, and maybe one of the best freshmen (except us) in the B1G.
So it will be tough. Haven't seen them play......away game...we liked away games last year.
Edited by redsteve

Thanks @redsteve!

I think this is a very winnable game for us.   

Here's a link to the live stats for tomorrows game:  https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/womens-basketball-live-stats/

Here is some information taken from the Game Page @ Huskers.com

Huskers Hunt First True Road Win at Ohio State
• Nebraska extended its home winning streak to five games by surging to a 70-56 come-from-behind win over the Wolverines at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Nicea Eliely and Sam Haiby fueled a huge fourth-quarter rally for the Big Red, which trailed 43-37 at the end of three quarters. Eliely scored all of her game-high 14 points in the final period, while Haiby added 10 points in the quarter. Nebraska outscored Michigan 33-13 over the final 10 minutes.

• Nebraska improved to 5-1 at home with the win over Michigan, but the young Huskers who feature four freshmen and two sophomores among their active nine-player rotation heading to Ohio State, are 0-5 in true road games this season. Ohio State is 4-1 at home.

• The Huskers have lost five straight games in the series with the Buckeyes, including double-digit losses to OSU in Columbus and a 73-61 loss to the then-No. 12 Buckeyes in last year’s Big Ten opener in Lincoln.

Scouting the Ohio State Buckeyes
• Ohio State, which won the Big Ten regular-season and tournament titles last year, lost all five starters including All-American Kelsey Mitchell from a team that finished 28-7 overall and 13-3 in the Big Ten in 2017-18. Three of Ohio State’s starters are graduate transfers from other Division I schools, along with senior returner Makayla Waterman.

• Ohio State enters Monday’s game on a three-game losing streak after suffering a 60-42 loss at Purdue in the Big Ten opener on Friday afternoon.

• Carmen Grande, a graduate transfer point guard to Ohio State from Ball State, led the Buckeyes with 11 points and six assists. For the season, Grande is averaging 6.7 points and 5.0 assists in a team-high 32.5 minutes per game.
• Returning senior Makayla Waterman has produced 7.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
• Dorka Juhasz, freshmen 6-4 forward from Pecs, Hungary, Juhasz leads Ohio State with 11.3 points and 8.3 rebounds per game as one of the Big Ten’s most productive freshmen.
• Carly Santoro, a 5-10 graduate transfer guard from Bowling Green, ranks second on the team in scoring with 9.5 points and third in rebounding with 5.5 boards per contest.
• Adreana Miller, a 5-11 graduate transfer guard from LaSalle, is averaging 5.0 points and 2.2 rebounds in 18.7 minutes per game. She is OSU’s most productive three-point shooter (11-of-30; .367).
• Graduate transfer Najah Queenland, a 5-10 guard from Pacific, is averaging 4.4 points and 3.1 rebounds while shooting a team-best 53.1 percent (17-32) from the field.
• Freshmen Aaliyah Patty (6.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg) and Janai Crooms (3.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg) have seen significant playing time off the bench.

• For the season, Ohio State is shooting a dismal 37 percent from the field, including just 27.6 percent (50-181) from three-point range. The Buckeyes have also hit just 60.8 percent of their free throws. They do own a plus-2.2 rebound margin, but a minus-1.5 team turnover margin.

:Gobigred:

3 hours ago, redsteve said:
Nebraska Cornhuskers
at Ohio State Buckeyes
Monday, December 31, 2018, Noon (CT)
Value City Arena (19,049) - Columbus, Ohio
Television: BTN (Chris Vosters - Play-by-Play; Christy Winters Scott - Analyst)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln-B107.3 FM; Omaha-ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Ohio State lost all five starters including All-American Kelsey Mitchell....but....have three transfers starters, and maybe one of the best freshmen (except us) in the B1G.
So it will be tough. Haven't seen them play......away game...we liked away games last year.

One of the three grad transfers played at OSU last year.Waterman is her name, OSU has 6 grad transfers out of the 12 players.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

One of the three grad transfers played at OSU last year.Waterman is her name, OSU has 6 grad transfers out of the 12 players.

Quite the roster turnaround from last year, esp. replacing all 5 starters.  Quick turnaround from Fri. game, and then again going to Iowa Thurs.  Here we go headlong into the grind of the B1G schedule. 

even with some of the huskers struggles, i will be disappointed if they can't pull out a win. granted, i only have watched osu play one game (vs purdue) and came away unimpressed. i really didn't see where that game would even qualify as a "bad day" for osu. i just see a squad (osu) that is going to have to really fight to reach .500 in conference play. jmo.

unless the huskers can't hit the broad side of a barn, and have a huge rash of to's...i think they can win this game. GBR!

from the buckeye pov: https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckeyes-close-2018-at-home-vs-nebraska/

with osu's incoming class, expect they will a formidable team next season and beyond. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

50 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am interested to see if we bring the defense today.  Rebound and limit silly turnovers and come out with a road win.  

This may be one of our better opportunities for a Big 10 road win.  I agree that the silly turnovers are a big negative.  Eliminating unforced ones is a big key.

All the above are pretty much right.

Maybe I'm imagining it... but...seems like we're coming together....jelling....  The Mich game has to been a great lesson for the newbies (everyone actually)....what it takes to be competitive in the B1G.

Nicea...her game performance is what we've been missing the last couple of years. Someone to take over the game... and finish. Remind you any of Theriot (sp) or T , or Romero, or Cady  ?