Scouting Maryland

49r

We're 2-4 vs Maryland since they joined the conference. Other than the B1G tourney game they won by 11, the other 5 regular season games have been decided by 5 points or less.

This will be the first time that Nebraska will come in with what is considered to be the better squad.

40 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Maybe posted elsewhere, Maryland is 0-10 in their last ten games versus ranked opponents.

Let's not go there. The whole "Rhode Island not beating a ranked opponent in 16 years...and then we lose to them in the first week we've been ranked" situation still haunts be sometimes.

I suppose I just have to get used to us being ranked and being the team hunted.

11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Let's not go there. The whole "Rhode Island not beating a ranked opponent in 16 years...and then we lose to them in the first week we've been ranked" situation still haunts be sometimes.

Maryland won't rush the court if they beat us

It will be interesting to see how we play the pick and roll with Fernando and Cowan. We had difficulty against Minnesota with Coffey and Murphy. The little I've watched Maryland this year, they had a tendency to make unforced turnovers. Hoping that will be the case this evening.  It would be huge if Roby is close to 100%, but I have a gut feeling they will struggle guarding JPJ. GBR!

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I can't even...

• 1 month later...
Just now, hskr4life said:
2/6/19 Maryland at Nebraska Nebraska 91.2 61.7 32 - 44 = 12

According to Bart T... this is a huge swing game.  We have a 91% chance at making the dance if we win.  a 61% chance if we lose.

http://barttorvik.com/bubble-guide.php?team=Nebraska

I'm in the "let's just try our best to win some games" mode right now.

But if we're talking tournament talk, I'm a little nervous about the "we've built a strong nonconference resume that puts us in the tournament with x-number of conference wins."

Arizona State and Oklahoma certainly did just that last year. But I keep hearing talk from the selection committee, post-mortem, about how injuries make you a different team and should be reflected that way. Will we be evaluated more heavily on how we play these final 9+ games?

Just now, HuskerFever said:

I'm in the "let's just try our best to win some games" mode right now.

But if we're talking tournament talk, I'm a little nervous about the "we've built a strong nonconference resume that puts us in the tournament with x-number of conference wins."

Arizona State and Oklahoma certainly did just that last year. But I keep hearing talk from the selection committee, post-mortem, about how injuries make you a different team and should be reflected that way. Will we be evaluated more heavily on how we play these final 9+ games?

100% that we just need tow in some games right now.  But we still have 9 to play and would probably only need 6 wins to dance.  After blowing the Illinois game, this could make up for that lost opportunity.  The margin for error gets smaller and smaller by the day though.

23 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

100% that we just need tow in some games right now.  But we still have 9 to play and would probably only need 6 wins to dance.  After blowing the Illinois game, this could make up for that lost opportunity.  The margin for error gets smaller and smaller by the day though.

Well, there's always Chicago in early-to-mid March. One of the team's B1G goals this season was to win the Big Ten Tournament!

This was the end of the cursed 2014-15 season.

image.png

There was one shining moment where Terran Petteway came out a-blazin, Walt P went for some 3s, and Shavon was 2 assists away from a double-double.

We're due for at least one of these nights before the season ends. Is it Wednesday?