Scouting Maryland

49r

Fernando, yikes.  Lets 1-3-1 and hope they are missing their 3's.  In man, change up our double timing every time Fernando gets the ball, or do it right away no matter.  I dunno, not sure we can just play straight man and win this one.  What worries me is TTU pretty much had their way inside, hoping to not see a similar result with this game.  I'm excited for conference play to start, lets do this!

Fernando, yikes.  Lets 1-3-1 and hope they are missing their 3's.  In man, change up our double timing every time Fernando gets the ball, or do it right away no matter.  I dunno, not sure we can just play straight man and win this one.  What worries me is TTU pretty much had their way inside, hoping to not see a similar result with this game.  I'm excited for conference play to start, lets do this!

Don't forget, they have to stop us too

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

One reason that Isaiah is a key, is that on offense, he has to be covered on the perimeter.  If Fernando does not step out, Isaiah could have an excellent offensive night.  We shall see.

I really hope he starts shooting the 3 ball better.  His dribble drive will be off the charts if 5's have to challenge him hard on the perimeter!

10 minutes ago, throwback said:

Yeah, lots of early wagering on Maryland (72% on Vegas Insider) flipped the number, and also lots of bets on the under, it's down 3-4 points from the open to 138.5.

Looks like the public will be wrong after we win tonight. After all, that's why Las Vegas has so many big buildings. 

Except that it is sharps that bet early.  

On 12/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, 49r said:

Don't forget, they have to stop us too

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It is easy for us to forget that.

Imagine being a Maryland fan.  Nebraska is a ranked team that comes into your gym tonight with a starting five that is considered by some as the best in the league:

- They have a 6-6 senior guard that is the #2 scorer in the conference at 19.6 PPG, and is a returning 1st team All-Big Ten player.  He is an efficient scorer, gets your team in foul trouble, and is an 83.5% foul shooter.  And he plays pretty good defense.  Good luck!

- Their PG is a 4-year starter that is averaging 13.6 PPG, 4.1 APG vs. 1.2 TOV, and is #6 in the conference in steals.  Oh, and he is shooting 43.5% from 3-pt range on the year (which would be 4th in the conference if he had enough attempts).  Hopefully you don't have to foul him at the end, because he's 87.5% from the line this year. Enjoy that.

- Their 4-man is a former 5-star recruit who is averaging 14.5 PPG and 5.6 RPG, while shooting a blistering 54.3% from the field this season.  He's a 6-9 guy who is also shooting 37.2% from 3-pt range.  He's Nebraska's most consistent player. Feel free to guard him with whomever you choose.

- Their 5-man is a physical freak who is averaging 10.1 PPG and 6.0 RPG, while also in the top-10 in the conference in both STEALS and blocks.  He's 6-8 with like a 7-foot wingspan.  Maybe you get lucky and he is limited tonight, maybe not.  But you have nobody who matches up with him.  Nobody does, really.

- Their other guard is another former top recruit averaging 8.8 PPG, with a 2.2/0.8 Assist-to-Turnover ratio, and is shooting 41.0% from 3-pt range.  He also 3rd in the conference at 1.7 steals/game.

- Our first guy off the bench is a 41.3% 3-pt shooter.

Good luck, Terps.

1 minute ago, OurDecay said:

It is easy for us to forget that.

Imagine being a Maryland fan.  Nebraska is a ranked team that comes into your gym tonight with a starting five that is considered by some as the best in the league:

- They have a 6-6 senior guard that is the #2 scorer in the conference at 19.6 PPG, and is a returning 1st team All-Big Ten player.  He is an efficient scorer, gets your team in foul trouble, and is an 83.5% foul shooter.  And he plays pretty good defense.  Good luck!

- Their PG is a 4-year starter that is averaging 13.6 PPG, 4.1 APG vs. 1.2 TOV, and is #6 in the conference in steals.  Oh, and he is shooting 43.5% from 3-pt range on the year (which would be 4th in the conference if he had enough attempts).  Hopefully you don't have to foul him at the end, because he's 87.5% from the line this year. Enjoy that.

- Their 4-man is a former 5-star recruit who is averaging 14.5 PPG and 5.6 RPG, while shooting a blistering 54.3% from the field this season.  He's a 6-9 guy who is also shooting 37.2% from 3-pt range.  He's Nebraska's most consistent player. Feel free to guard him with whomever you choose.

- Their 5-man is a physical freak who is averaging 10.1 PPG and 6.0 RPG, while also in the top-10 in the conference in both STEALS and blocks.  He's 6-8 with like a 7-foot wingspan.  Maybe you get lucky and he is limited tonight, maybe not.  But you have nobody who matches up with him.  Nobody does, really.

- Their other guard is another former top recruit averaging 8.8 PPG, with a 2.2/0.8 Assist-to-Turnover ratio, and is shooting 41.0% from 3-pt range.  He also 3rd in the conference at 1.7 steals/game.

- Our first guy off the bench is a 41.3% 3-pt shooter.

Good luck, Terps.

Well when you put it like that... I may just go ahead and but my tickets to Minny now for April.  Are we not the best starting 5 in the conference top to bottom?  

Is it 5:30 yet?