2019 SG John Tonje -> Colorado St

On 2/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, basketballjones said:

Could NU beat UNO right now? 

Yes. 

Slightly off topic. But what I would love to see is a Creighton-UNO-Nebraska traingular every non-con over a weekend. Nebraska and Creighton could take turns hosting each other (sorry Baxter isnt big enough).

For example for this this year it would look like this:

- Friday: Omaha @ Nebraska

- Saturday: Omaha @ Creighton 

- Sunday: Creighton @ Nebraska 

That would  be such a fun weekend of basketball in the state. 

Edited by khoock

16 hours ago, khoock said:

Yes. 

Slightly off topic. But what I would love to see is a Creighton-UNO-Nebraska traingular every non-con over a weekend. Nebraska and Creighton could take turns hosting each other (sorry Baxter isnt big enough).

For example for this this year it would look like this:

- Friday: Omaha @ Nebraska

- Saturday: Omaha @ Creighton 

- Sunday: Creighton @ Nebraska 

That would  be such a fun weekend of basketball in the state. 

You know who wouldn’t want to see that? Creighton and Nebraska. They have zero interest, incentive to, in normalizing UNO. 

3 hours ago, basketballjones said:

You know who wouldn’t want to see that? Creighton and Nebraska. They have zero interest, incentive to, in normalizing UNO. 

I know, thats why both of them play 1-2 other Summit League teams a year even though there is one in their own state (and city).

It would just be a fun event as a wishful thinking fan.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 - John Tonje -> Colorado St
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SG John Tonje -> Colorado St
46 minutes ago, nustudent said:

To elaborate....the curiosity is if we circle back around on him with the likely new staff.  

Safe to say that an existing player or two will likely depart, as well as some of the incoming recruits.

Very, fair statement.

He even says he wants to play at the highest level possible. Sounds like if a Big Ten offer came around, he would listen.

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I’m just gonna say, and I’m 100% comfortable sitting on this take and taking the heat for it:

Any time we lose an in-state guy to a quality, albeit not major conference, D1 team - we’re doing it wrong. 

I will co-sign.

Nebraska needs dudes who play for 4 years in Lincoln. Why not get the very best of our own state?!

3 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I’m just gonna say, and I’m 100% comfortable sitting on this take and taking the heat for it:

Any time we lose an in-state guy to a quality, albeit not major conference, D1 team - we’re doing it wrong. 

If there’s one that’s talented enough you gotta take him every year. Some years you need to take 2 even but if you had a roster w 8 Nebraska guys on them your gonna have to make sure you hit on those other 5 scholarships or we just won’t have any difference makers.

53 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

If there’s one that’s talented enough you gotta take him every year. Some years you need to take 2 even but if you had a roster w 8 Nebraska guys on them your gonna have to make sure you hit on those other 5 scholarships or we just won’t have any difference makers.

Looking like not offering Sam Greisel from Lincoln East last year may have been a mistake.    Scored 20 in the Summit League semifinal as a true freshman, after missing a month of the season with  a knee injury.  He would be starting Wednesday night for us v. Rutgers.   Had originally committed to Craig Smith at SDU, but switched to NDSU.  Having a good year. 

On 3/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, nustudent said:

Be curious to see what happens in a week or two.

How about this theory:

1.  Colorado St. will be looking for a new head basketball coach soon;

2.  Colorado St. would love to have Tim Miles back;

3.  This commitment is actually to Tim Miles; and

4.  The recent Nebrasketball offer to a big from Iowa Western is only nominally an offer from Nebraska—it’s actually an offer to Colorado St.

What do you think?

6 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

How about this theory:

4.  The recent Nebrasketball offer to a big from Iowa Western is only nominally an offer from Nebraska—it’s actually an offer to Colorado St.

What do you think?

Considering Medved was hired less than a year ago and his 12-19 record this year is probably not going to get him a bigger job....its not very likely Colorado St is looking for a coach this offseason so the theory seems pretty ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

What happened to the Daum kid in the Summit league?  Last year—all world.  This year—crickets?  Not even in the Summit semifinals—a lowest-level mid-major league.    Wonder if his team could beat Nebraska’s best high school teams?  

Had just as good a year as past years.   Just choked in the first round of the conference tournament

20 hours ago, HB said:

Looking like not offering Sam Greisel from Lincoln East last year may have been a mistake.    Scored 20 in the Summit League semifinal as a true freshman, after missing a month of the season with  a knee injury.  He would be starting Wednesday night for us v. Rutgers.   Had originally committed to Craig Smith at SDU, but switched to NDSU.  Having a good year. 

You can have Sam Greisel or Amir Harris. Who are you taking?

On 3/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, basketballjones said:

You can have Tonje next year but you either need to not take Arop or not take a post player. Who are you taking?

Mika Adams Woods is the guy PG from the east coast who knows if he works out or not. Who are you taking this year from Nebraska instead?

The problem with this shoulda/coulda/woulda on Nebraska kids is that it's easy to sit and cherry pick results without needing to worry about how the roster might fit together.

In that regards, anyone still wish Ed Chang had come here?

4 hours ago, Swan88 said:

What happened to the Daum kid in the Summit league?  Last year—all world.  This year—crickets?  Not even in the Summit semifinals—a lowest-level mid-major league.    Wonder if his team could beat Nebraska’s best high school teams?  

IDK if I would call being one of the 15 players on the Wooden Award list crickets - but to each their own. 

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The problem with this shoulda/coulda/woulda on Nebraska kids is that it's easy to sit and cherry pick results without needing to worry about how the roster might fit together.

In that regards, anyone still wish Ed Chang had come here?

Some "embedded moles" told me Ed Chang is going to be all mwc next year... 

12 hours ago, Swan88 said:

How about this theory:

What do you think?

Will or won't there be a grass knoll involed?