uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 13 - SW Minnesota St.

uneblinstu

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

On picking up the energy in the first half

Glynn Watson Jr.: We just shared the ball. We stopped playing one-on-one, things like that. We just needed to share it, take care of the ball and take open shots. We missed a couple open ones, but it's nothing we can't fix.”

On what they learned from non-conference play

Glynn Watson Jr.: “I think we can play with anybody. When we share the ball, there's not too many teams that can play with us. We just have to keep playing together."

3 times he talked about sharing the ball. 

Better crowd than I expected. Lots of single gamers around my seats- Mostly families. Quiet crowd. Tanner gave us great rebounding effort. There was a time or three when a SW guy would dribble drive, run into Cope, kind a pick up his dribble, and have this “what now” look to him.

I was actually impressed with a couple of the SW Minnesota guys, they had a couple of good shooters. Our overall length on defense will give many teams fits. I about went nuts when Johnny gathered himself and attempted the one handed tomahawk dunk.  I also want to see Thorir do well. Seems to have a nice basketball IQ with some of his passes. Had one drive where he rifled a pass from under the basket in traffic out to JPJ who was wide open for a made three. That was nice. Brought some fellow Omaha fans and stopped at Honest Abe’s before the game. Had the 1809. Still full.  GBR!!

17 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Unlike some... I like some of what I see from Thor.  His mistakes are either due to trying too hard or not having a lot of PT.  He has excellent vision.  I feel he could be serviceable next year and the following year as a 5-10 MPG guy.

He appears to have a very high basketball IQ and it will be interesting too see what he does w more playing time. He gives us more on offense then what harris was giving before the mono hit 

3 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

He appears to have a very high basketball IQ and it will be interesting too see what he does w more playing time. He gives us more on offense then what harris was giving before the mono hit 

This is honestly a good point.  Neither is a scoring machine, but Thor has this crazy swag about his game that works for them.

16 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I sure feel a lot better about it than I did a month ago!!!  I still think our mindset should start by attacking the rim first and then eventually driving and kicking out for the 3.

Nebraska is basically now hitting 3 of every 8 three-point attempts. That's pretty good. I have confidence whenever Cope, JPJ, Glynn, & Tom square up... and I think Roby can make them, if "feeling" it.