Because it never get's old

rwmctrofholz

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I miss the “Bob” & that list of only 8 teams seems freakishly small these days...

Yeah, I hear from some ppl that the Devaney Center wasn't that great.... I loved that place. No matter where you sat, it was a good view of the action. Now if one wants to discuss the surrounding area, that's a completely different story. Inside, though, it was a great venue when the place was rockin'!

10 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, I hear from some ppl that the Devaney Center wasn't that great.... I loved that place. No matter where you sat, it was a good view of the action. Now if one wants to discuss the surrounding area, that's a completely different story. Inside, though, it was a great venue when the place was rockin'!

Agree.  The site lines were good, and when the team was hot, the place was rocking.  Plus, they had real popcorn which added to my viewing pleasure.  If you were in the cheap seats though, it did seem like you were a longggg way from the floor.  But the parking was less than inviting.  I do believe some fans stayed away because of that issue.  It was also a bit difficult for the students to walk to that venue, especially with the train traffic.

That said, trying to leave the PBA post-game isn't a picnic either, although, it seems to be easier this season.  Partaking in the Haymarket venues after the game helps immensely; and there were no such options at the BOB.

Edited by Huskerpapa

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Agree.  The site lines were good, and when the team was hot, the place was rocking.  Plus, they had real popcorn which added to my viewing pleasure.  If you were in the cheap seats though, it did seem like you were a longggg way from the floor.  But the parking was less than inviting.  I do believe some fans stayed away because of that issue.  It was also a bit difficult for the students to walk to that venue, especially with the train traffic.

That said, trying to leave the PBA post-game isn't a picnic either, although, it seems to be easier this season.  Partaking in the Haymarket venues after the game helps immensely.

Oh no doubt, the new venue has a lot of perks. I grew tired of bashing the Bob, though. It was great to see that Osborne saw fit to make it a B1G Volleyball Mecca. I love that!

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

No, what I was saying is that I was much younger at that time. ;)

Ok, 34 seems eon's ago. part of me wishes I was that young again, but now I'm only two years from retirement. and I don't think I could go through the next 26 years where i'm employed now.

56 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Last time Dickie V called a Husker Hoops ballgame. He really needs to be at the Vault before he's done !!

I get the vibe that Dick Vitale really only cares about the blueblood historical schools like those in the ACC and former Big East. It's likely the only way we'll get him at the PBA is via the Big Ten/ACC Challenge if we were a Top 15 team and we were matched up with UNC.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

I get the vibe that Dick Vitale really only cares about the blueblood historical schools like those in the ACC and former Big East. It's likely the only way we'll get him at the PBA is via the Big Ten/ACC Challenge if we were a Top 15 team and we were matched up with UNC.

Yeah, you're definitely right about that! For a dude who got his start at a small school, he has certainly forgotten the so-called underdogs of college hoops with his own work.