Scouting Michigan

Bugeaters1

17 hours ago, redsteve said:

We can play better for sure.  Maybe we're ready now......seemed like we were overwhelmed somewhat to start the game. Get the fight out of the bag,

Got to shoot better....we're definitely in this.

Our defense is probably playing better than we realize.  Held MIch to 31 in 1st half. 

Must watch the fouls.....we can't foul out

I told my wiufe last night while at the game that if the Huskers could shoot 35% that we would win. And that's the god's honest truth.

The plus minus is a very good tool but you can’t read too much into it especially in one game. Can depend heavily on who is in with you and who is in for the other team when u r in.  Ie) if other teams best player is in foul trouble and out during my 6 minutes I might get a good plus minus because my team took the lead but not have really done that much personally.  Or maybe I play great and  make 3 great passes for open looks but we don’t make them and other team catches up I get a negative but played well.   I believe it’s more useful when u look for trends over multiple games.  — note in my hypotheticals I rarely play much because I am terribly out of shape. 

29 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I'm surprised that Maddie had a minus 3 and Leigha only had a plus 2

Big stat....Cain and Mershon +14       Nicea +22  !!!

Look at Mershon's stats across the box. 

Only one on MIch is a plus rating +2 

Look at our 4th qtr shooting stats    ?? set the hoops on fire !

Edited by redsteve

2 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Big stat....Cain and Mershon +14       Nicea +22  !!!

Only one on MIch is a plus rating +2 

Look at our 4th qtr shooting stats    ?? set the hoops on fire !

a lot of that was due to getting to rim and making the shots. where as in the other three quaters we were missing the layups. One other BIG STAT is the FT% if we shoot our normal 60% we don't do so well.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, kansashusker said:

The plus minus is a very good tool but you can’t read too much into it especially in one game. Can depend heavily on who is in with you and who is in for the other team when u r in.  Ie) if other teams best player is in foul trouble and out during my 6 minutes I might get a good plus minus because my team took the lead but not have really done that much personally.  Or maybe I play great and  make 3 great passes for open looks but we don’t make them and other team catches up I get a negative but played well.   I believe it’s more useful when u look for trends over multiple games.  — note in my hypotheticals I rarely play much because I am terribly out of shape. 

I agreed does not mean much in one game, but when the same players(Nicea, Mershon & Kissinger) lead game after game, it means a lot to me.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

IMO. Brown was the factor in the 4th qtr along with Nicea brown had fire in her eyes all night her and that Dilk were up for player of the year in Indiana

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i have to admit, i like Dilk's game. i think she is going to be a good one for Michigan. 

• 4 months later...