Scouting Michigan

Bugeaters1

Nicea for president !

Impressive comeback...confidence just became alive. Coach must have lit a fire at halftime.

Mershon nice game...played tough. Brown makes things happen.

Thome's fouls was big factor. And Cain played smart not fouling.

Seemed like we kind of ran Mich out of gas,

Edited by redsteve

Nicea for president !

Impressive comeback...confidence just became alive. Coach must have lit a fire at halftime.

Mershon nice game...played tough. Brown makes things happen.

Thome's fouls was big factor. And Cain played smart not fouling.

Seemed like we kind of ran Mich out of gas,
IMO. Brown was the factor in the 4th qtr along with Nicea brown had fire in her eyes all night her and that Dilk were up for player of the year in Indiana

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We had 37 points at the end of the 3rd.  Scored 33 points in the 4th quarter alone to Michigan’s 13.  Nicea’s 14 points on the 4th were the difference in the game.  Can we be a 4th quarter team during conference?  We need to start stronger.
You can't count out Brown in the 4th qtr she also played tough

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I can't get the Huskers boxscore to work so here is the michigan one. some interesting numbers pop out at you.

https://mgoblue.com/boxscore.aspx?id=15123

Several things.......3 pt shooting 38%..........free throws 81%.........14 assists to 6 by Mich (very telling from a coaching standpoint)....5 blocks.....SEVEN steals......

Another was the distribution of minutes and how all our girls played....(Mich played the starters mostly)....like mentioned...we might have run them out of gas to some extent. We definitely ran  them out of the gym in the 4th.

And the Indiana POY battle:  Brown 11pts....Dilk 7 pts (Dilk was POY out of HS)

Edited by redsteve

5 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Several things.......3 pt shooting 38%..........free throws 81%.........14 assists to 6 by Mich (very telling from a coaching standpoint)....5 blocks.....SEVEN steals......

Another was the distribution of minutes and how all our girls played....(Mich played the starters mostly)....like mentioned...we might have run them out of gas to some extent. We definitely ran  them out of the gym in the 4th

The thing that suprised me was the rebounding. the last I looked while at the game we were down 9, also Michigan avgs. 16 offensive rebounds, we held them to 7. The other thing I seen was the bench scoring. out scoring them 28 to 6. And the pts. off of turnovers.

Edited by Bugeaters1

8 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The thing that suprised me was the rebounding. the last I looked while at the game we were down 9, also Michigan avgs. 16 offensive rebounds, we held them to 7. The other thing I seen was the bench scoring. out scoring them 28 to 6. And the pts. off of turnovers.

Yes, the bench was a big factor in the win.

And not taking anything away from the starters at all...they did good for sure.  It's just that our bench depth was so much better than MIch

Edited by redsteve

Just of note:

Watched Minn vs Wisc tonight. Thought Minn was supposed to be so good this year. They beat Wisky (not a good team), but wasn't impressed with Minn at all.

Maybe they had an off night or whatever, but we'll be real competitive with Minn. (12-0 so far)

Watched some of Maryland too.....they're good.

Thought the effort was great throughout the night.  Game was pretty ugly for the most part, then NU got better in the fourth when it mattered.   Nicea obviously made a difference on both sides in the end.  Free throws went down in the 4th also- that was HUGE.   Depth no doubt was key.  Need to work a bit still on what we want to do offensively.  This win could build confidence if we can follow it up with a quality road performance @ OSU.  They seemed to struggle earlier in the day vs. Purdue.  Let's go ladies!!  ? ?

One last piece of stuff.... :)

Our shots were falling in the fourth. Funny how that can make such a difference.

Nicea: Great game...her leadership fired up the squad. B1G experience does wonders. It showed the young ones how it's done in the B1G.

Looks like the usual barn burners from here on out. Buckle up Big Red sports fans.

Edited by redsteve

3 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

+/- leaders   Nicea +22, Mershon +14, Cain +14,Haiby +11

Nicea took over the game. I hope Kate notices how she uses her length on D.  Defense lit our fire in the 4th.  I think it was Bugeaters that compared Mershon to Hailey Sample earlier. She definitely played the part, last night.  Haiby and Kate seemed to have a fun chemistry.  Entertainment, at its best (the W didn't hurt).  

31 minutes ago, Husker Joe said:

Why does Withish play so many minutes? We clearly play poorer with her on the court.

Leads the team in assists, second in steals, second in 3pt fg made.  Watch coach’s interview, she was very happy with Whitish defense last night. Her scoring is down, but the team has more scorers this year and she is playing the role of distributor and quarterbacking the offense. 

:Woohoo: Wow!!!! What A Game (So sorry I had to miss it :Redface: but I recorded it to watch this morning. Imagine my disappointment when I couldn't find Matt & Jeff's broadcast to sync with BTN - I guess NeuLion hasn't archived it yet. :mad:).

During the Fourth Quarter the Ladies were playing with their :Hair Fire: I think we can expect a lot more of the same during conference play. Leadership seems to be gelling and this Team can light it up real quick when they are 'ON.'  One thing we already know is; They Never QUIT! [IMG]

Well, it's off to watch the Men's game vs Southern Minnesota. (on BTN Plus :Lol: no less!)
:Gobigred: