Amir Harris...

Handy Johnson

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, cjbowbros said:

I don't get this is there something I'm missing? Why would he be able to play almost half a season and then get a redshirt? Copeland was barely cleared and he had back surgery and only played 8 games (fact check me on that). Maybe he could get it but I wouldn't say it is obvious especially when Tanner played one minute and now is out a year. 

This medical redshirt discussion takes me back to the Cookie Belcher days.  Danny almost got his ass in trouble for publicly speaking about how many games he could play....

48 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If Harris didn't play another game this season he would have a case for a medical redshirt.

Any speculation he might not play another game is very much speculation though.

Agreed.

The only thing we have to go on for now is that he had/has mono and hasn't recovered enough yet to rejoin his team on the court, at least in games.

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

Agreed.

The only thing we have to go on for now is that he had/has mono and hasn't recovered enough yet to rejoin his team on the court, at least in games.

I know Amir Harris has been completely away from the team. I asked Glynn Watson about Amir at the Nebrasketball Buddies event last week. We'll see what happens, the team is planning to have Harris back after the Holiday break.

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I know Amir Harris has been completely away from the team. I asked Glynn Watson about Amir at the Nebrasketball Buddies event last week. We'll see what happens, the team is planning to have Harris back after the Holiday break.

He has been away from the team for approximately 2 weeks. I'm sure the medical staff is taking all precautions. 

There is no rush to return him to action until he has fully recovered and has gotten his legs back under him.

From a medical perspective we do know that mono can cause weight loss and fatigue, and those symptoms can linger.

6 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

He has been away from the team for approximately 2 weeks. I'm sure the medical staff is taking all precautions. 

There is no rush to return him to action until he has fully recovered and has gotten his legs back under him.

From a medical perspective we do know that mono can cause weight loss and fatigue, and those symptoms can linger.

Yes, all true.