Amir Harris...

Handy Johnson

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It took my daughter about a month to get over.

Even so that wouldn't win us a transfer appeal. If a player is out for a month with a normal injury we wouldn't be wondering about it. If he transfers he could get half a year though.  (Not directing this at Bugeater) just an example.

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

I played senior year of HS with mono and tonsillitis. Had tonsils removed before prom. Harris will be fine 

Not all mono cases are the same. As I stated previously in another thread, there can be longer term, even severe side effects, from mono. Inflamation of the spleen, weight loss, and fatigue. Recovery from mono can be very short to 3 months. 

I'm not trying to be intentionally negative, but until we know more, which we may not, or Amir returns to the court I wouldn't count on him contributing anytime soon. 

Other than Glynn saying he will be back soon as anybody heard anything official from TM?

Years ago Nebraska had a JUCO Qb recruit (Jordan Adams) that had mono and ended up having his spleen removed . He physically never recovered. That is likely the medical staffs fear and probably why they have been so careful with him. That being said, I would assume he'll be back when B10 play starts. The games aren't the issue because he doesn't play lots of minutes. Practice intensity is and that can adequately be managed in season quite easily. 

Edited by DOATHLON

6 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

If this is the case he should have no problem getting it. 

I don't get this is there something I'm missing? Why would he be able to play almost half a season and then get a redshirt? Copeland was barely cleared and he had back surgery and only played 8 games (fact check me on that). Maybe he could get it but I wouldn't say it is obvious especially when Tanner played one minute and now is out a year. 

23 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

I don't get this is there something I'm missing? Why would he be able to play almost half a season and then get a redshirt? Copeland was barely cleared and he had back surgery and only played 8 games (fact check me on that). Maybe he could get it but I wouldn't say it is obvious especially when Tanner played one minute and now is out a year. 

Generally if you play less than 30 percent of your teams games you can get a medical redshirt. I’m not sure what the hold up was on Copeland? Maybe since he played major minutes or something im

not sure. I would imagine since Amir only played 9 games in spot minutes, 10 mins s game even? That if he wants the redshirt he should get it if he applies 

2 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

Copeland was cleared to play in the first semester, based on NCAA rules regarding mid-semester transfers.  Without a waiver a player who transfers at the semester break is not eligible until the end of the first semester the following year, with a loss of a year eligibility unless the player was already redshirting.  Copeland getting a year back with the medical redshirt was never in doubt, without the medical redshirt he would have ran out of eligibility at the end of last season.