uneblinstu post game chatter: Vol 11; ed 12

Bugeaters1

17 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I don't know if he’s ever going to be a major contributor if he stays here however. Not big enough to play spot minutes in the post and not fast enough to be a wing defender  

Won't know 'til it happens. Let's just wait & see it play out.... I choose to root for Thor while he's in Lincoln!

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 12/24/2018 at 10:56 AM, AuroranHusker said:

Won't know 'til it happens. Let's just wait & see it play out.... I choose to root for Thor while he's in Lincoln!

Lets not forget Tai made his biggest improvements during his junior amd senior years (i know they dont have the same skill set and arent the same type of players).

But Thor has shown some flashes of things i like. Im sure the jump from Iceland ball to B1G ball is pretty significant. I will also root for him til he is no longer a Husker. GBR

Palmer since that Minnesota game has been almost perfect.  If he continues playing like this.  LOOK OUT

I thought Roby played a hell of a 2nd half.  Defense is always good but he was attacking on offense and needs to finish more often but It was a good start. 

Usually a decent FT shooter so I am not worried about that. 

Hopefully we can sit the big 3 for more time than usual on Saturday and get the other guys some more confidence and playing time going in to conference play..

Sorry took the last 3 days off

Nebraska Postgame Notes
*-With an 86-62 victory over Cal State Fullerton, Nebraska improved to 10-2 on the season, including 9-1 in non-conference play. With a win over Southwest Minnesota State next Saturday, Nebraska can finish non-conference play with one loss for the first time since 2003-04 and just the fourth time since World War II. 
*-Nebraska’s 10-2 start is its best since the 1994-95 team opened the year with an 11-1 mark. NU also went 10-2 in 2010-11, 2007-08 and 2003-04.
*- The 24-point margin marked the seventh time this season that Nebraska has won by at least 20 points this season.
*-The victory marked Nebraska’s 18th straight home win dating back to last season. It’s the longest home-win streak since a school-record 20 games spanning the 1965-66 and 1966-67 seasons and the third-longest streak in school history. Of the 18 wins in the current streak, 13 have come by double-digits, including all seven in 2018-19. 
*-Nebraska’s defense held Cal State Fullerton to under 38% from the floor. Nebraska has held 11 of its 12 opponents under 50 percent shooting this season. 
*-James Palmer Jr. has now been in double figures in 42 of 45 career games at Nebraska and has reached 20 points for the sixth time this season and 14th of his career.  It is the third straight game he has scored 20+ points in a game.
*-Isaiah Roby had a career-high 20 points on the night. His previous career high was 19, which he scored last season against Minnesota. Roby also matched his season high with a team-high eight rebounds. 
*-Palmer and Roby both had 20 points against Cal State Fullerton, marking the first time two Huskers had at least 20 points in the same game since Jan. 27, 2018 against Iowa (James Palmer Jr. and Isaac Copeland Jr.)
*Glynn Watson Jr. posted his first career double-double with 10 points and a career-high 10 assists. His previous best was nine against Rutgers in 2016. Watson became the first Husker since Lance Jeter on Feb. 2, 2001 (vs. Kansas) to record a points-assists double-double. 
*-Isaac Copeland Jr. scored 12 points for the Huskers, reaching double figures for the 11th time in the 12 games this season. 
*-Nebraska Head Coach Tim Miles picked up his 107th win at Nebraska, moving into sole possession of third place on Nebraska’s career wins list. 
*-Sophomore Nana Akenten made his second straight start and finished with nine points, including 3-of-4 from 3-point range
*-Nebraska hit 10+ 3-pointers for the fourth time this season
*-Nebraska’s seven turnovers were a season low (previous low, 8 vs. Seton Hall)
*-Nebraska has scored 80-or-more points six times in the first 12 games.