uneblinstu post game chatter: Vol 11; ed 12

Bugeaters1

Had a great time today. Was able to move down from 200 level to student seating.

1. It's great that we can play a so-so game and still win by 20+.

2. Seemed there was a concerted effort, especially early on, to get Roby involved in the offense.

3. Watson, Palmer, and Copeland don't get overwhelmed by the situation in the game. 

4. Nana, has really come into his own. He's definitely the first man off the bench. 

5. Bench play gave us 12 pts, with most of that being Allen. 

6. After Nana and/or Thomas we are really thin on the bench. Tanner and Brady are interchangeable, but neither of them bring a lot offensively. Thor is a stopgame until Amir returns, fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Had a great time today. Was able to move down from 200 level to student seating.

1. It's great that we can play a so-so game and still win by 20+.

2. Seemed there was a concerted effort, especially early on, to get Roby involved in the offense.

3. Watson, Palmer, and Copeland don't get overwhelmed by the situation in the game. 

4. Nana, has really come into his own. He's definitely the first man off the bench. 

5. Bench play gave us 12 pts, with most of that being Allen. 

6. After Nana and/or Thomas we are really thin on the bench. Tanner and Brady are interchangeable, but neither of them bring a lot offensively. Thor is a stopgame until Amir returns, fingers crossed.

Yes, NU needs Amir Harris back & better than ever. Hopefully sooner than later! GBR !!!

Oh man where do I start....

*That’s a game we lose under Miles for at least 4/6 years he’s coached here. No kids, deadish crowd, break coming up, coming off some emotional wins with illness creeping through the team. Nice to have talent. If Doc was coaching that game with his players, that’s 21-19 at half or something. 

*I feel bad for CSF’s coach. He had a phenomenal game plan that I expect conference teams to exploit. His team executed the general principles of it well, also. Too bad he has some bone-head individual players who lost him so many crucial possessions when it coulda been made into a real game. 

*That was an ugly 20 from Roby. I did not think he played well at all. We kinda forced it to him in the second half and he clanged his way to 20 somehow. Should have had 30 with his miss free throws and missed opportunities earlier in the game. 

*If Glynn woulda had just an “ok” year last year - he’d be receiving so much more pub this year. He’s really doing some special, special stuff to lead this team. And his defense.... OOOHHH MY ?

*I love Cope and Palmer.

*Nana’s never seen a shot he didn’t like. 

*Tom Allen is that dude. 11:52 mark in 1st half - his 1on1 defensive transition - 99.9% of people can’t do that. 

*As long as we don’t ever have the type of team that solely relies on Brady to be a superstar, he could go down as one of the most serviceable bigs we’ve had IN A LONNNGGGG TIME.

Edited by basketballjones

7 minutes ago, throwback said:

Since the loss at home v Kansas last year, in regular-season games we are:

• 25-6 straight-up
  • 17 wins against P-5 conference teams
  • 24-4-1 against the spread
  • 18-0 at home
  • 19 wins by at least 9 points
  • Climbed from KenPom #85 to KenPom #14

I would call those results - impressive!

1 hour ago, throwback said:

• 25-6 straight-up
  • 18-0 at home

I heard that Moos told Miles he would have gotten a contract extension for winning 19 home games over this stretch.

8 hours ago, tcp said:
9 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Underwood is getting fired 

You'd think they'd give him more than two seasons, but Illinois isn't exactly a well-oiled AD machine.. 

The fans also seem to have the same historical memory and high expectations of their basketball program that we have about our football program.

- Glynn with the less common type of double-double. Even though he is a scoring type of PG i love that hes still finding his teammates. Too many weapons on this team for him not to average 5 assists a game.

- Palmer was on it again. Ever since Creighton his game has seemed a lot smoother and not nearly as forceful. If he is knocking down 3's youre not gaurding him

- Copeland almost went unnoticed for me and still put up a solid stat line

- Roby was much more aggressive in the second half. Needs to work on his free throws though!!! (7 or 8 misses)

- Nana and Tom did what they needed to do. Both are threats to hit double digit scoring. 

- Thor has had some nice assists almost everytime he has seen action. Thats something positive to say about him since he only seems to get s**t on.

- Brady pulled down 5 boards in 9 min. Cant wait to see him about 15 lbs heavier next year.

- Tanner once again had a couple nice plays that dont show up in the box score.

20 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

neither did I, but it was frustrating that we let them keep coming back.

... which kept the large crowd mostly out of it. Would've been much more a party despite the large family composition of the crowd. if it wasnt for those answer buckets, might've been a different story. But alas, darude sandstorm stole the show. (Booyaa) :lol:

4 hours ago, khoock said:

- Glynn with the less common type of double-double. Even though he is a scoring type of PG i love that hes still finding his teammates. Too many weapons on this team for him not to average 5 assists a game.

- Palmer was on it again. Ever since Creighton his game has seemed a lot smoother and not nearly as forceful. If he is knocking down 3's youre not gaurding him

- Copeland almost went unnoticed for me and still put up a solid stat line

- Roby was much more aggressive in the second half. Needs to work on his free throws though!!! (7 or 8 misses)

- Nana and Tom did what they needed to do. Both are threats to hit double digit scoring. 

- Thor has had some nice assists almost everytime he has seen action. Thats something positive to say about him since he only seems to get s**t on.

- Brady pulled down 5 boards in 9 min. Cant wait to see him about 15 lbs heavier next year.

- Tanner once again had a couple nice plays that dont show up in the box score.

Glynn is averaging over 4 assists per game.

JPJ has made 13 of his past 17 three-pointers.

Cope is getting better defensively, paired with Roby especially on the interior.

Roby scored 18 in the 2nd half, yet he only made 9 of 16 FTs.

Thor is more than serviceable, when called upon. And if he ever became a deadly 3-pt shot, he'd be more than useful in the coming years...

Heiman is a very skilled FROSH, he'll come along nicely to contribute in a B1G role by next season, methinks.

Borchardt is a serviceable specimen for rebounding & setting picks. I wished he had another season to compete (that 1 game as a SOPH... ughh)

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Thor is more than serviceable, when called upon. And if he ever became a deadly 3-pt shot, he'd be more than useful in the coming years...

I think the key to playing him right now is to have him imitate some offense to take advantage of his passing abilities. Then we kinda got to hide him on defense. Not necessarily because he’s bad at defense but just because he doesn’t have a feel for it yet. 

6 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I think the key to playing him right now is to have him imitate some offense to take advantage of his passing abilities. Then we kinda got to hide him on defense. Not necessarily because he’s bad at defense but just because he doesn’t have a feel for it yet. 

Agreed. He's a spot player. I like his moxie. And he's not afraid of the moment, it seems. Keep developin', Thor, your time may come to contribute more often. I'm rootin' for ya!

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Agreed. He's a spot player. I like his moxie. And he's not afraid of the moment, it seems. Keep developin', Thor, your time may come to contribute more often. I'm rootin' for ya!

I don't know if he’s ever going to be a major contributor if he stays here however. Not big enough to play spot minutes in the post and not fast enough to be a wing defender  

21 hours ago, throwback said:

• 25-6 straight-up
  • 18-0 at home

I didn’t fact check this but it’s getting a lot of retweets. So I hope it’s all correct ?