Scouting SW Minnesota St

49r

They're 7-4. Last game was Dec. 15, a 75-63 win against Minnesota-Duluth.

They shoot 43 percent from 3, and 81 percent from the line.

Leading scorer is Ryan Bruggeman at 23.2 ppg. He's a 6-0 sophomore from Pelican Rapids, Minnesota.

LIKELY STARTERS

Ryan Bruggeman, 6-0, So.

Taylor Schafer, 6-3, Sr. (12.1 ppg)

Kenny Byers, 6-4, So. (11.7 ppg)

Michael Lee, 6-6, Sr. 

Steven McNease, 6-6 Sr.

They'll go 8 deep.

2 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

Not a fan of these types of games at all. Yes getting the bench guys some playing time is helpful but nothing else good comes from these type of matchups in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys need a “scrimmage” against someone other than themselves to get back in the groove after a week off and getting away from basketball for Christmas. Don’t want to be shaking that off with maryland. 

8 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

Not a fan of these types of games at all. Yes getting the bench guys some playing time is helpful but nothing else good comes from these type of matchups in my opinion.

It's certainly much better than scheduling a team like Delaware State. That win hurt us more than ever playing them in the first place.

The guys need a “scrimmage” against someone other than themselves to get back in the groove after a week off and getting away from basketball for Christmas. Don’t want to be shaking that off with maryland. 

Yep true. Wasn’t thinking of the timing of it but that makes more sense. I was just thinking of the game itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It's certainly much better than scheduling a team like Delaware State. That win hurt us more than ever playing them in the first place.

The Fighting Hornets already have three wins this year. One is against a rock formation or a terrier (Cairn) and another is against Delaware (big rivalry win).

But this one is my favorite:

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 1.39.25 PM.png

Edited by jayschool

All kidding aside, I'd bet money the Prairie Wolves would give us more of a game then the Golden Mustangs will. Forget about that Creighton "Let it Fly" BS,  those Weslyan boys can fill it up like nobodies business. Hell, I'd even put money on an alumni team of "Plainsmen" led by Dana Janssan over USWMS... 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, burgundy95 said:

This is better than the 350th ranked team, like Nebraska played last season. The NET rankings for NU wouldn't be irrevocably broken by this matchup like the RPI was last year against the Delaware State's of the world. Sheesh, *that* was awful.

11 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

This is better than the 350th ranked team, like Nebraska played last season. The NET rankings for NU wouldn't be irrevocably broken by this matchup like the RPI was last year against the Delaware State's of the world. Sheesh, *that* was awful.

Don't look now, but Mississippi Valley State is #351 in Kenpom and #347 in the NET rankings.