Cal State Fullerton (3-8) vs. Nebraska (9-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

24 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Why are we not playing the bench?

Somebody smarter can correct me but I think there is so much statistical analysis that go into rankings and perceptions etc. that we are keeping the gas on a bit longer.  Kenpom predicts we will win by 17 so you don't go the bench early and let it slip to that or under that.  Staying ranked, staying in the Kenpom top 15 matters to our confidence, expectations and recruiting.  

That's my guess.

1 minute ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

Somebody smarter can correct me but I think there is so much statistical analysis that go into rankings and perceptions etc. that we are keeping the gas on a bit longer.  Kenpom predicts we will win by 17 so you don't go the bench early and let it slip to that or under that.  Staying ranked, staying in the Kenpom top 15 matters to our confidence, expectations and recruiting.  

That's my guess.

Good point. I was also thinking bc we play so few games in a long period of time. Maybe the staff is subbing less to keep the guys locked in and in "game shape" ? 

2 minutes ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

That's my guess.

That and the starters played a little rusty.

26 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

PA guy trying to make BOOM SHAKALAKA happen after dunks is just awkward. Really not a fan of that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree our PA announcer needs to stop trying to make BOOM SHAKALAKA happen, but at least it's not as bad as the Michigan PA announcer going

FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

After each made 3 pointer.

That's my guess.
I don't think it's KenPom so much as the NET formula...you get a better score if you win by more than 10. Maybe trying to get a little more insurance to make sure the final doesn't wind up less than that?

9 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

I don't think it's KenPom so much as the NET formula...you get a better score if you win by more than 10. Maybe trying to get a little more insurance to make sure the final doesn't wind up less than that?

Just about all predictive metrics are on team sheets this year (and last I believe).  So the better we are in all of them, the higher seed we should get.  NET is by far the #1 though.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Roby with a quite 20.

And he didn’t even play well on offense. He was however consistently aggressive. If he consistently will put it on the floor and take it to the hoop strong I won’t gripe near as much about the handful of open jumpers he passes up per game.

Edited by B-town hoopsfan