2019 PF David Skogman -> Buffalo

4huskers

A lot of things to like when you watch his film and he’s got a few quality offers, interesting to see nothing from Wisconsin yet, wonder if they just can’t take anymore prospects this go around. 

Kinda reminds me of Brady’s tape this guy might be alil more athletic though. He’s probably not a major contributor right away but I’d be totally fine w us going hot n heavy after him

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

I like him. I feel like his rating in 247 will shoot up. 

He fits our offense. Can shoot. Looks like he can put the ball on the deck. Has a pretty good frame to put on more muscle. The shooting part is what I really like. 

I thought the shooting form was alil funky on the 3s but it looked affective. I could not find any stats on him to see what his shooting percentages have been. I mainly wanted to see what he shooting from the free line. 

But he runs the floor well and plays above the rim on defense, so basically everything we have wanted in the center position for years 

At 6'10" he's a decent looking athlete.  Runs very smoothly, has a very nice stride.  Looks like he could run all day.  His jumper is a little weird, but, hey, if it goes in, I'm not going to complain.  He's a little spindly at this point and once he grows into his body a bit, his coordination on his jumper is going to look a little better.

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hum interesting. This might be why there fans question gards recruiting tactics then 

They might not think he will be a high level player. They might think they will land Hurt. Looks like if fill all the 2019 schollies none will be left for 2020. 

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/pages/scholarship-grid

If I recall correctly, Toney McCray came to Nebraska from Missouri City, Texas.  He had some sort of heart issue, and once it was diagnosed, he was able to play without problems.  In fact, he is still playing overseas.

Trefl Sopot (EBL) landed 29-year old American forward Toney McCray (196-89, college: Nebraska). He already started the season at Kaposvari in Hungarian A Division, but left the team in Oct.'18. In three games he averaged 12.3ppg, 5.7rpg, 1.0apg and 1.0spg this season.
The most of last season McCray spent at MAFC Budapest (also in A Division) where in 19 games he had very impressive stats: 20.4ppg, 8.5rpg, 1.4apg and 2.0spg. It was a very successful season in his career as he was selected to Eurobasket.com All-Hungarian League Honorable Mention. McCray also played for Kirchheim Knights(ProA) in league. In 5 games he recorded 8.8ppg, 5.8rpg and 1.0apg.
He attended University of Nebraska until 2012 and it is his seventh season in pro basketball.

By Eurobasket Data Center

11 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

If I recall correctly, Toney McCray came to Nebraska from Missouri City, Texas.  He had some sort of heart issue, and once it was diagnosed, he was able to play without problems.  In fact, he is still playing overseas.

Trefl Sopot (EBL) landed 29-year old American forward Toney McCray (196-89, college: Nebraska). He already started the season at Kaposvari in Hungarian A Division, but left the team in Oct.'18. In three games he averaged 12.3ppg, 5.7rpg, 1.0apg and 1.0spg this season.
The most of last season McCray spent at MAFC Budapest (also in A Division) where in 19 games he had very impressive stats: 20.4ppg, 8.5rpg, 1.4apg and 2.0spg. It was a very successful season in his career as he was selected to Eurobasket.com All-Hungarian League Honorable Mention. McCray also played for Kirchheim Knights(ProA) in league. In 5 games he recorded 8.8ppg, 5.8rpg and 1.0apg.
He attended University of Nebraska until 2012 and it is his seventh season in pro basketball.

By Eurobasket Data Center

Toney McCray was one of my favorite players back then for Doc. Wished he had unleashed more of his potential at NU. Dude even redshirted......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...