Big Ten season...

whoopdeedoo

now that it has arrived, here is my guess how the standings shake out: Indiana is my "surprise" pick to finish high

1. Maryland

2. MSU

3. Indiana

4. Minnesota

5. Iowa

6. Michigan

7. Purdue

8. Ohio State

9. Rutgers

10. Penn State

11. Nebraska

12. Illinois

13. Wisconsin

14. Northwestern

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Woops's  prediction isn't too far off to start the season. 

Like last year, there is about a 1/2 and 1/2 split. With top half... 5 or so teams, will fight it out to see is runner up to Maryland. Looks like there are 5 or 6 pretty good teams  

Pretty much a war for everyone else....and about 5-6 teams in the middle that will beat each other up, and 2-3 to clog up the bottom. Would say we're in the middle somewhere, to start the season...untested in the B1G.

Will be lots of "upsets" and..... win at home..lose on the road to same team stuff. 

So here we go.  Starting fresh, nothing to lose. Everything to gain. Just get better and better. Keep working hard with heads high. 

Beat the Iowa chickens

Edited by redsteve

won't surprise me to see huskers right there in most of their games---more often than not, i just see them being on the wrong end this season. what could change things is if coach gets consistency out of simon and whitish. it might put them in the middle of the pack if not a slot or so above---and i DO mean both. not just one or the other. need both. sorry, noah121. you could very well be right about northwestern. i had to pick someone, ??

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Well you're right whoop that Indiana is a "surprise" pick to finish high (not really since they have looked pretty strong in the non conf.- I take your quotes as tongue in cheek).  I could see of course Minn. and Iowa finishing ahead of them, though.  Also, that NU will be competitive in most every game but unfortunately likely to be on the wrong end more times than not.  In that I root strongly against my hunch!  I'm inclined to flip flop the bottom two on your prediction standings but it's a moot point being what's at stake there.  It will be another interesting season, albeit highly likely that Maryland takes the drama out of who will be first.

right now I see the big red winning 7 or 8 games.  We could win more if we find some type of offensive identity and we raise the energy level on defense. How do we have a 55% shooter from 3 and we're only getting 4 looks a game.  Sam great at finishing at the rim, but can she dish.  Our post has a nice falling away shot, but does not seem to want to attack the rim.  Off the bench our other post attacks the rim but does make some freshman mistakes.  Seriously we have great pieces no identity on offense, which is why we start great and lose games second and third qtr. .  We get off game plan and go to individual habits.  4th we battle back and fall short.  Critical plays at critical times who is going to make them.

Defensively our effort depends on offensive successes.  We do not increase efforts when the  ball is not falling.  We should build identity on the defensive side first, the ball will eventually fall