Underwood and Chicago

hhcmatt

Hard to believe Illinois doesn't own Chicago.  They have Chin on the staff and I sort of thought he was Mr. Chicago...

I do like reading this:

Coaches from Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State and Northwestern have been at games to see Fenwick’s talented sophomore Bryce Hopkins. Illinois has not.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Hopkins-46059170/

The knee replacement that Underwood had was in August.  

Chin Coleman's defense of not being out on the recruiting trail (trail? hell, we're talking about local high schools, but whatever) due to Underwood's knee surgery seems … a bit of a stretch.

That might explain him not getting out in September; it doesn't explain his entire staff not showing up in December.

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

For those who don’t like miles always remember we could be Illinois....

The people who don't like Miles seem to wish we were Illinois.

"Hire John Groce, hire John Groce, HIRE JOHN GROCE, HIRE JOHN … Wait, no, FIRE John Groce, that's it, fire John Groce, fire John …"

12 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The people who don't like Miles seem to wish we were Illinois.

"Hire John Groce, hire John Groce, HIRE JOHN GROCE, HIRE JOHN … Wait, no, FIRE John Groce, that's it, fire John Groce, fire John …"

I have to admit it, I really wanted Groce hired here at Nebraska.

48 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

What's not to love? We keep paying their football team!

That's just legit dumb at this point. I had hoped Nebraska would never play the freakin' Zips again. And then we paid them twice (which NU also did with N. Illinois because we canceled the Soldier Field matchup after the B1G expanded to 14 teams & re-created the scheduling to have the two NU's play the next week after the now-nixed NIU Chicago game). Huskers like to fund smaller programs, I suppose. I'm personally tired of this type of deal. But, I guess it's tough to find 'buy' games willing to come to Lincoln....

7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

That's just legit dumb at this point. I had hoped Nebraska would never play the freakin' Zips again. And then we paid them twice (which NU also did with N. Illinois because we canceled the Soldier Field matchup after the B1G expanded to 14 teams & re-created the scheduling to have the two NU's play the next week after the now-nixed NIU Chicago game). Huskers like to fund smaller programs, I suppose. I'm personally tired of this type of deal. But, I guess it's tough to find 'buy' games willing to come to Lincoln....

We may come out of this with a W on the field, but we are going to come out with an L in the whole deal.

This will help Illinois' recruiting. Not sure how I feel about the NCAA selecting players to invite to these camps. Would be nice to have up to 600 prospects coming to your campus on NCAA's dime

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-12-18/four-sites-selected-youth-basketball-camps?cid=InsidetheNCAA_tw_sf204466992&sf204466992=1&fbclid=IwAR1B0cL7EijGuvtfZpgK87l8hfaEjE5jMjUGIsypjfyZyiDHwQGFVIyFIWw

Edited by BmoreRed

1 hour ago, BmoreRed said:

This will help Illinois' recruiting. Not sure how I feel about the NCAA selecting players to invite to these camps. Would be nice to have up to 600 prospects coming to your campus on NCAA's dime

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-12-18/four-sites-selected-youth-basketball-camps?cid=InsidetheNCAA_tw_sf204466992&sf204466992=1&fbclid=IwAR1B0cL7EijGuvtfZpgK87l8hfaEjE5jMjUGIsypjfyZyiDHwQGFVIyFIWw

Why would you not choose Nebraska.  PBA, Bob D, Hendricks, heart of America.  Man that would have been awesome.

Edited by hskr4life

On 12/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, hskr4life said:

Why would you not choose Nebraska.  PBA, Bob D, Hendricks, heart of America.  Man that would have been awesome.

Probably a combination of airports and closeness to talent. Champaign is centrally located between St Louis, Chicago, and Indianapolis