Mid-week Off-night (0-0) vs. Nebraska (8-2) Game Thread

Norm Peterson

9 hours ago, tcp said:

I'm glad the guys are getting time to get their studies in order before the break, but these long breaks between games is fan hell. 2 more weeks after this one, too. 

Honestly as a student I feel like finals week would not be the worst time to have a game. But its only my first semester so maybe I'll change my mind eventually. 

12 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

Honestly as a student I feel like finals week would not be the worst time to have a game. But its only my first semester so maybe I'll change my mind eventually. 

I thought the same thing my first semester.  And guess what?  15 semesters later, my friends Justerini and Brooks still agreed with me.  ?

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oh, no.  Don't declare a winner just yet.  Comicly bad covers?

I don't think they knew what a "toke" is.

Yeah, in the 70's we had a lot of the crooners attempt to stay current with song remakes and the like or tried to hook up with the current stars in order to keep them relevant.  Sort of like the collaboration below.

12 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

One of the very best covers and bands. As a longtime resident of Mpls I was lucky enuff to befriend Bob & Tommy’s Mom Anita...

Oh that's awesome. I met Paul once and shook his hand when I saw them at the Peony Park Ballroom not long after Bob Stinson was kicked out of the band around 1987. I also saw them at the Drumstick in Lincoln on the "Let It Be" tour around 1985. Great band, one of my all time favs!!

4 hours ago, royalfan said:

And a handful of Zach brown covers that prove it correct.  Btw, I can’t believe you don’t like that cover.  I find it to be mesmerizing.  

Not a fan of Zac Brown or most "new" Country in general. And that Disturbed cover is well, disturbing. Think of the opening scene from "the Graduate" and how they absolutely defile it.

3 hours ago, BigTate said:

Oh that's awesome. I met Paul once and shook his hand when I saw them at the Peony Park Ballroom not long after Bob Stinson was kicked out of the band around 1987. I also saw them at the Drumstick in Lincoln on the "Let It Be" tour around 1985. Great band, one of my all time favs!!

Paul gave me a Coke as he walked off stage at the NU Student Union in '85 (ala Mean Joe Green throwing the kid his jersey) Not only am I a Husker alum, I'm also a Pickles/Twisters employee alum. That makes me a Husker basketball nerd AND a record nerd...

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Paul gave me a Coke as he walked off stage at the NU Student Union in '85 (ala Mean Joe Green throwing the kid his jersey) Not only am I a Husker alum, I'm also a Pickles/Twisters employee alum. That makes me a Husker basketball nerd AND a record nerd...

Wow, Pickles Records, I knew Nick. Cant remember his last name but he was a manager for pickles and i also knew just about everyone who worked at the Omaha stores back in the early to mid 80's. Joe Peterson, Allison Ravenholdt, Tony Marchant among others..... A band I was in back then played at the Pickles Christmas Party at the skiing place around linoma beach...