Green

Roby

Heimann

Akenten

Harris

Frontcourt player yet to be named

Adams-Woods

Frontcourt player yet to be named

I think you're mostly correct.  I think Tim will be looking for another starter, and I also think the roster is not yet set.  I think Heiman will be a solid backup for a B1G team a year from now, but he's probably not yet going to be starting material next year.  At least if we want to remain competitive for the top half of the league.  If we want to remain in contention for the top half of the league, we will need to find a suitable replacement for Copeland and hope and pray that Roby stays.

Seems to me our best bet is a grad transfer big.  That kid from Tulane we played a few years back who did a grad transfer after that season?  That kind of player.  We have minutes and we have a backcourt, so we should be an attractive landing spot for someone who wants to try to really make their mark in their final season.

16 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Seems to me our best bet is a grad transfer big.  That kid from Tulane we played a few years back who did a grad transfer after that season?  That kind of player.  We have minutes and we have a backcourt, so we should be an attractive landing spot for someone who wants to try to really make their mark in their final season.

Can you also use Tanner and Brady's development as a selling point? 

I know its hard to see for ppl who dont follow Nebrasketball as closely as we do. But both of them are much better than i expected coming into the season. Kinda like, "Hey look what were doing with these two. Imagine what we could do with someone with your skill set."

Nebraska doesn't develop talent, does it?  Just look at our current rotation:

James ~ end of the bench at Miami, current starter, leading scorer, all-big ten performer,  et al.

Cope~ five star recruit who struggled finding health and his game at Georgetown.  Current two year starter who is playing at a five-star level

Glynn ~ had an off year last season, worked on his game and is now one of the better PG's in the conference.  High performer in all phases of his game.

Isaiah ~ raising the level of his play each year he has been here.  His shot has improved, his body is improving, he is gaining aggressiveness yet still has not reached his ceiling.

Tom ~ elevating his game nearly every time out.  Much improved on defense and we are seeing glimpses of the scorer he was advertised to be

Tanner ~ pudgy football player who has reworked his body and plays a savvy game and fully understands and embraces his role.

Nana ~ goodness, last year he was a fish out of water.  He still needs to improve his quickness, handles and hands; but once he does, he can dazzle.

Brady ~ I thought he had to redshirt.  He has shown skills and high BB IQ.   Once he builds his body, he should perform at a high Division I level.

Amir ~ talented defender and knows how to get to the basket.  We will see how he develops his outside game as he matures.

Develop players, we just don't have a clue, right?

Edited by Huskerpapa

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Tanner ~ pudgy football player who has reworked his body and plays a savvy game

Ugh, it's very early in the day to do this but if you're playing the "take a shot game" every time you hear that Tanner has "reworked or reshaped his body" then bottoms up!  Hopefully no one sees me at my office tipping back my irish whiskey or the rampant rumors of me being an alcoholic will only increase.

BTW, completely agree on your take on players developing.

32 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Ugh, it's very early in the day to do this but if you're playing the "take a shot game" every time you hear that Tanner has "reworked or reshaped his body" then bottoms up!  Hopefully no one sees me at my office tipping back my irish whiskey or the rampant rumors of me being an alcoholic will only increase.

BTW, completely agree on your take on players developing.

You need one more drink this morning :)

Image result for tanner borchardtImage result for tanner borchardt

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Develop players, we just don't have a clue, right?

Remember when people wanted Tai to transfer after his Sophomore season, citing his inability to develop as a player?  And remember when those very people were lamenting how much we were going to miss Tai after he graduated?

56 minutes ago, khoock said:

Can you also use Tanner and Brady's development as a selling point? 

I know its hard to see for ppl who dont follow Nebrasketball as closely as we do. But both of them are much better than i expected coming into the season. Kinda like, "Hey look what were doing with these two. Imagine what we could do with someone with your skill set."

I don't think grad transfers are interested in being developed.  It's go-time for them.  It's not about development.  It's about the opportunity to get on the floor and maybe play against better competition than they'd face otherwise, or with a better team than they'd play for if they stayed.

Some kids think they were overlooked coming out of high school.  They think they were better than the offers they had.  They proved at a mid-major level, for instance, that they were worthy of playing in a big-boy league and they want a chance to see what they could do.  Duby Okeke, for instance.

Other players will look at the roster of incoming recruits and returning players and think about playing time and their ability to contribute.  If they don't see themselves getting minutes on the current roster but think there's a team out there that could use their skill set, they might make a change.  Moses Abraham, for instance.

Still other players think they have a shot at playing for a winner or improving their draft stock if they go somewhere else.  He Who Shall Not Be Named, III, for instance.

But I don't think any grad transfers are thinking about development when they choose a new program.  They're thinking about opportunity, seeing the floor, and playing at a level commensurate with their goals.

There is no way Roby leaves unless he finishes the year on a 3pt hot streak. Right now he is just another tweaner that can't shoot the 3. There is no room for those guys in the NBA anymore. He needs to spend all summer improving that part of his game. If he had Copes shot he would be a first round lock. 

51 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Is there a reason no one is this thread talking about next year is listing Karrington Davis as a contributor next season?

Bc he prob wasnt going to contribute this year. And next year he will be coming off a serious injury. AND all his competition is getting another year to develop, learn the systems, and most importantly play B1G basketball.

Im not counting on much from him next year. I could be wrong though.

Edited by khoock

12 minutes ago, khoock said:

Bc he prob wasnt going to contribute this year. And next year he will be coming off a serious injury. AND all his competition is getting another year to develop, learn the systems, and most importantly play B1G basketball.

Im not counting on much from him next year. I could be wrong though.

I think he would of seen minutes this year but that injury is really hard to come back from. On the bright side he’s walking on it now so he’s got 11 months to get back into playing form

hes such an unknown though. At 6’6” he could easily be a solid two way player or he could just be another guy. He hasn’t played much in the last two season correct? 

52 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I think he would of seen minutes this year but that injury is really hard to come back from. On the bright side he’s walking on it now so he’s got 11 months to get back into playing form

hes such an unknown though. At 6’6” he could easily be a solid two way player or he could just be another guy. He hasn’t played much in the last two season correct? 

You are not the only who thought he might contribute on this board. I just dont see him taking minutes away from Amir or Nana. Nor did i see him being good enough where Miles would extend the rotation to 10 to include him.

I could see him being better than Thor though. Which could mean he could have been in line for playing time while Amir is out. Whereas Thor probably wont see any meaningful time with or without Amir.

43 minutes ago, khoock said:

You are not the only who thought he might contribute on this board. I just dont see him taking minutes away from Amir or Nana. Nor did i see him being good enough where Miles would extend the rotation to 10 to include him.

I felt he was going to be a better player than Harris. They were ranked basically the same by 24/7 w Davis at 361 and Harris at 355. Davis had more of a well rounded game and practiced against some of the best everyday at the prep school in Florida he attended. 

I think we all wanted one of the two too redshirt but I don’t think any of us wanted to see it because of injury.   Hopefully he comes back healthy next year and can be the 8th or 9th guy on a solid squad 

Allegedly, Eric Berry is returning to the Kansas City Chiefs line up versus the Chargers tonight.  Apparently he is now fully recovered from his Achilles injury.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-berry-injury-update-los-angeles-chargers-to-start-week-15-nfl-news/66e20lvdodj21fn9wxzb2ig2w

59 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Allegedly, Eric Berry is returning to the Kansas City Chiefs line up versus the Chargers tonight.  Apparently he is now fully recovered from his Achilles injury.

Football might be different but that was over a full year from when the injury occurred.