Tim Miles Show 12-10-18

49r

40 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

You want to do something difficult? Try and guess the starting lineup for next season. I change my mind everytime I try it, but for now ill say..

Tom/Daichon

Daichon/Tom

Jervay

Nana/Roby

Roby/Tanner

That seems pretty easy being that you only listed 5 players that will be on the team next year... ???

Fine... I'll play.

Amir- Ball Handling.

Thomas Allen- Locked Sport.

Daichon- From what we saw in the scrimmage

Nana Akenten- Has impressed this year!

Roby- Hope like hell he comes back.

Brady- First big off the bench for Roby.

Jervay- Will come in the same time as Roby.

Really that ain't too bad of a first seven.  Grab a few role players this off-season and we might be onto something.

This thread is starting to disintegrate into how Nebraska basketball fans used to have to think.  Meaning, we have no chance this year, so let's focus on next year.

I am not even thinking about next year, other than I think we will have another quality team.  Who starts, who plays,  will be here or will not be here can wait until the off-season in my humble little mind.   

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

This thread is starting to disintegrate into how Nebraska basketball fans used to have to think.  Meaning, we have no chance this year, so let's focus on next year.

I am not even thinking about next year, other than I think we will have another quality team.  Who starts, who plays,  will be here or will not be here can wait until the off-season in my humble little mind.   

I blame finals week and the fact that we don't have a mid-week game.

To change the topic back to this year then, it will be interesting to see if Miles gives Thor an opportunity with Amir being sidelined with an undisclosed illness.

I liked what I saw in the first game of the season (his only real extended playing time this year) even though the opponent was for from even average.

22 minutes ago, khoock said:

To change the topic back to this year then, it will be interesting to see if Miles gives Thor an opportunity with Amir being sidelined with an undisclosed illness.

I liked what I saw in the first game of the season (his only real extended playing time this year) even though the opponent was for from even average.

Seems like a long shot but I to wouldn’t mind seeing it

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Seems more like general optimism about picking up where this successful year ends up

24 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I'll go for next year's starting 5.

Assuming Roby comes back:

Allen

Burke

Green

Roby

Heimann

Akenten

Harris

Frontcourt player yet to be named

Adams-Woods

Not sure if this happens right away but wouldn't be surprised to see Adams-Woods off the bench  before Harris. Kid seems to have it all, including leadership skills.

23 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I'll go for next year's starting 5.
Assuming Roby comes back:

Allen

Burke

Green

Roby

Heiman

Akenten

Harris

Adams-Woods

My turn:

1 — Allen has shown his ability to penetrate and either score or kick. He can be everything that Glynn is on both ends of the court. MAW backs him up, with Harris as a possibility.

2 — Burke appears to be the slasher/scorer that we've had in Petteway and Palmer. Harris and/or Green can back him up.

3 — Akenten has shown athleticism enough on both ends to be given a shot until we know if Green can play at this level. Green and/or Harris back him up. Akol sits for a year.

4 — Roby gets a year in at his natural position, but there's no backup at this time. Nana could stretch if he had to.

5 — Heiman will be ready to start, but he'll need a year more to crack the top half of conference 5's. No backup unless Tanner appeals for another year or we find a grad transfer who can sub in at 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

It's more like — OK, this season is definitely gonna be a fun ride. Can we come close to repeating such awesomeness, or will we be merely good?

19 hours ago, 49r said:

In honor of @cipsucks and because it's going to be a very special edition of the Nebraska Basketball Radio Show tonight I thought I'd resurrect the Tim Miles Show thread.  At least for tonight.  So go ahead folks, post your comments as we all listen along to the show!

My how time flies.  The last one of these I started, we were counting the number of "agins," and had Sak and a guy named Verlander playing for us.  Seems like yesterday....