Tim Miles Show 12-10-18

49r

20 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Ya I wasn’t so much doubting him saying it but I feel as though it may be a way to boost Amir’s confidence more than anything. I feel it’s a real stretch that he could be on NBA radars 

Think we’ve seen it time and time again that guys with athleticism get looks at that level.  Not saying Amir is close to ready.  

Also so think this is a huge credit to Coach Miles and Co. for the recruiting they’re doing.

48 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Something to monitor here. Could probably get through the next three w out him but if he’s not ready to go by the Maryland game it’s a pretty big blow to the little back court depth we have. Who could fill those minutes even if need be? Costello or Thor? Yikes 

Definitely need a defensive stopper like Amir once January's B1G gauntlet begins...

9 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

I would guess the scouts were looking at the big 4 and his athleticism caught their eye.

Definitely. When you watch a game with him in it he just pops out at you. He rebounds well, has a lot of length and probably has handles. With a decent shot he's a 4 star and with good outside range he's a 5 star. Who knows if he ever gets there.

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I am really looking forward to the trifecta of Senior Zay Roby, Dachon Burke, and Jervay Green lighting it up...

8 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Should add Tom Allen to that too. He will be every bit as good if not better than Burke and green

I feel like y'all are sleeping on Mika Adams-Woods a bit.

48 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Would be a very pleasant surprise if he was more than the 10-15 a minute PG backup

Yup. He will probably be the first or second guy off the bench in my mind. I see the starters as Allen Burke nana roby and heiman. And compared to what I was ten games ago that starting five gives me great optimism 

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Definitely. When you watch a game with him in it he just pops out at you. He rebounds well, has a lot of length and probably has handles. With a decent shot he's a 4 star and with good outside range he's a 5 star. Who knows if he ever gets there.

This! He looks comfortable on the floor and it appears he has the intangibles to be a very good player. I agree with what Norm had said earlier. His shot needs to be deconstructed (and reconstructed). We don't need him to score to contribute this year, but to take it to another level, he needs a shot doctor and the discipline to take 1,000 shots a day.