Scouting Denver

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, longtimefan said:

Bugs, I haven't posted in quite a while but I do  appreciate your time and effort on the women's side.  I'm always checking to see what's new. I like that the women have cut down on the turnovers. Much of the season it's felt like I was watching a 7th grade game with all the silly turnovers. In my opinion, Whitish has been the biggest disappointment this year.  I'm hoping she will be able to step up her game and give us more points than she has with all her playing time.  I'm really impressed with the freshmen girls, especially Vanderbeek. 

I don't think that she has to score as much as she did last year. I look at her as a facilitator this year.

I'm sorry but I just discovered the Final Score I posted in the Live Stats was incorrect @ 96-69 (vs the correct Final Score of 96-71!!! - DU's Courtney Smith scored the last 2 points). I don't know why the Live-Stats page showed Denver with 69 pts @ 0:00 left in Q4. I've mis-quoted the LIve-stats several times, :Redface: maybe it's poor or lack of timely updating. i.e. Halftime stats shows 0:02 left on the clock and never gets to zero. Anyway the Official Box Score posted by @Bugeaters1 should be correct.

(btw, here is a link to the write-up @ Huskers.com for anyone who would like to read about the game.  "Huskers Run Past Pioneers"

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211783852

Edited by Red Don

12 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Before the game today, there was a lady that was hanging around in my area ( behind the scorer's table) with an B1G all access pass around her neck. I wonder if she was there to grade the refs. So I wonder if that is why so many ticky tack fouls were called today.

The ticky tack refereeing was a distraction. Some were a joke...nearly no touch at all let alone a real foul. Thankfully the game wasn't close, so it didn't make a huge difference...where in the Creighton game it did have an deleterious affect on us, since we were getting the brunt of bad calls....our starters nearly fouled out. Can't play "your game: that your trained for, when your looking over your shoulder at the refs next call.

Anyway, not a big deal in this particular game.  We pretty much smoked them going away for the win. It was maybe our most complete and well played game, and did most of the necessary things to be very competitive. Certainly not all the way there yet, but we have turned another corner....looking more like a team coming together.

A real good sign going into B1G play. 

Just now, redsteve said:

The ticky tack refereeing was a distraction. Some were a joke...nearly no touch at all let alone a real foul. Thankfully the game wasn't close, so it didn't make a huge difference...where in the Creighton game it did have an deleterious affect on us, since we were getting the brunt of bad calls....our starters nearly fouled out. Can't play "your game: that your trained for, when your looking over your shoulder at the refs next call.

Anyway, not a big deal in this particular game.  We pretty much smoked them going away for the win. It was maybe our most complete and well played game, and did most of the necessary things to be very competitive. Certainly not all the way there yet, but we have turned another corner....looking more like a team coming together.

A real good sign going into B1G play. 

It was confirmed that the B1G had someone there evaluating the refs.