Scouting Oklahoma State

49r

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I saw a posting over on the Rivals board of a guy who has six tickets he's selling for $100 each.  That's nuts.

And I wonder where these guys who generally dump on the program manage to find tickets like that.

Depending on where they are it might not be a bad price.

The two I bought from ticketmaster were $80 each

Mike Boynton was an assistant with Underwood at South Carolina under Frank Martin and then under...Underwood at Stephen A Austin and Okie St before OSU named him head coach.  You'll see similar style that we faced playing Illinois so we will be fairly prepared for their pressure.  They have much better rim protection with freshman shot blocking machine who averages around 18 minutes a game.  We'll probably see plenty of small ball action with 6'7" F Cameron McGriff sliding to center

I did find this information:

The incubation period—the time it takes symptoms to appear after a person becomes infected with the virus—can be 4 to 6 weeks. Symptoms of mononucleosis usually last for 1 to 4 weeks, but it might take as long as 2 months before you feel well enough to resume all of your normal activities.

Mono, or mononucleosis, is spread through direct contact with saliva. This includes sharing eating utensils, drinks, and even things like lip gloss, lipstick, or lip balm. Because it takes about 4 to 7 weeks for symptoms to appear, a person who's infected can spreadthe virus without even knowing it.

Edited by Huskerpapa

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Mono outbreak...not good.  Hopefully a couple players had a cold, and are now fine.  If Amir has mono, won't he be out for a few weeks?

Anecdotal evidence, but I had one friend who got mono and was sick for a couple months, and then another friend who had it and was fine within a couple weeks. It can vary a good amount

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Now is the best time for this to happen however.  We play just three games in 17 days starting with OSU.  If we lose that one because of illness, it happens.  Much better than having players out for 2 weeks and 4 games in the heat of conference play.

Best time this could happen if it's going to happen

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

Any word on how many guys are sick and how many will miss the game?

I am wondering this as well.  Smart move by Miles not to play his hand with who was all sick.  For all we know, it's as likely that it was Brady, Johnny TB, and Tanner as it is Copeland, Palmer, and Roby.

However, it should play an impact in the game either way.  Going to be interesting to see how Miles coaches this one.  Would think he won't go home with a T.O. in his pocket.  Use all of the breaks that he can.

18 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not to start any rumor, but I did see photos of a practice this week and the only two scholie players I did not see were Amir and Thomas.  Tom may have been there and simply missed the photo op, or he may have been at a class, who knows.  Observations some times suck.

I had heard of this photo as well. I was told that nobody has seen James either which is alarming. The other good news is that Thomas posted a photo on his Instagram story this morning captioned “OTW” so that is good news. (On the way)

I also don’t know when the rest of the team came up, so I’m not sure if that meant Thomas was in a different vehicle or the team bus.

Edited by nuhusker7
The post said “OTW” not “OMW”

21 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not to start any rumor, but I did see photos of a practice this week and the only two scholie players I did not see were Amir and Thomas.  Tom may have been there and simply missed the photo op, or he may have been at a class, who knows.  Observations some times suck.

Good eye