uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 10 - creighton

uneblinstu

8 hours ago, Huskerone said:

If Miles does not get a 4-6 year extension at the end of this season, I'm off the Moos bandwagon.  Yeah, he's here to fix football, but don't ruin basketball.  I hope some donors can get in his ear with support for Miles (maybe remind him of the Devaney years when there were only 5K at the arena).  I think the fact coach only received a 1 year extension was a joke.  Its time Moos hitches his cart to coach Miles.  Hasn't Moos only hired 1 basketball coach twice?  I mean come on.  OK, rant over, I feel better. ?

It's still very early in the season. For those who are in the "we'll see how this year plays out for Miles" bandwagon, there's still plenty of time to swing one way or another.

10 hours ago, Huskerone said:

If Miles does not get a 4-6 year extension at the end of this season, I'm off the Moos bandwagon.  Yeah, he's here to fix football, but don't ruin basketball.  I hope some donors can get in his ear with support for Miles (maybe remind him of the Devaney years when there were only 5K at the arena).  I think the fact coach only received a 1 year extension was a joke.  Its time Moos hitches his cart to coach Miles.  Hasn't Moos only hired 1 basketball coach twice?  I mean come on.  OK, rant over, I feel better. ?

If this year goes as we hope (NCAA or better)...yes...he should get one.

If it doesn't....(NIT or worse)...then we should be shopping.

11 hours ago, Huskerone said:

We should probably pump the breaks on 4-6. I’m a big miles guy. Firmly believe this will be the best season in program history and that by the time it’s done it might be the best recruiting class miles has gotten. BUT we are going to lose probly the 3 best players in the miles era(open to arguement on that) granted we will have a promising group coming back and nice recruits coming in. I think a 3-4 year deal which would really be a 4-5 year deal w the year he has left sounds much more reasonable.

10 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

We should probably pump the breaks on 4-6. I’m a big miles guy. Firmly believe this will be the best season in program history and that by the time it’s done it might be the best recruiting class miles has gotten. BUT we are going to lose probly the 3 best players in the miles era(open to arguement on that) granted we will have a promising group coming back and nice recruits coming in. I think a 3-4 year deal which would really be a 4-5 year deal w the year he has left sounds much more reasonable.

At some point you have to make the decision whether he is your guy or not.  You state that we are losing our best three players.  Probably correct.  How many more have we lost because of his contract?  We know of one at least.  If he gets it done this year, give him a deal that’s going to allow him to do what he does best.  That’s recruit.

Edited by hskr4life

15 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Yikes we differ on the definition of great 

Anybody that can play at a high level in major division 1 basketball is a phenomenal athlete.  More athletic than you could possibly imagine.  IIRC, all of those guys are still playing pro ball so, yes...they are great.

Way to throw some pretty serious shade at guys who have played for the team you claim to be a fan of.

19 hours ago, BmoreRed said:

Moos sucks. If losing @ Minnesota is the worse loss this year and we continue our home game winning streak, the Minnesota loss will be a small pothole in a golden brick road. Assuming Minnesota is an NIT level team

Way too early for people to be going crazy like this. I was on another board, and they were coming up with lists of replacements after the Minnesota game. Really makes me think who I hate more, creighton fans or the breed of husker fans that blindly want Miles gone and will never credit him for the positive things he has done.

I for one am not a fan of Moos and expect this comment was from him. Wouldn’t expect anything less from him.

30 minutes ago, 49r said:

Anybody that can play at a high level in major division 1 basketball is a phenomenal athlete.  More athletic than you could possibly imagine.  IIRC, all of those guys are still playing pro ball so, yes...they are great.

Way to throw some pretty serious shade at guys who have played for the team you claim to be a fan of.

Just my opinion man your entitled to yours too

@uneblinstu I have to say that oddly my favorite radio moment thus far was Steve the self-proclaimed negative Nebraska fan calling into Bahe and saying that after Creighton cut the lead to nine he turned to his wife and told her we were going to lose that game and had Creighton cut the lead to 6 in the first half that Nebraska that they would have.  Also mentioned his mother was a negative person.  In the same way we generalize in this state we're going to beat Akron 85-7 we often think we're going to tragic lose every single basketball game.

2nd was probably the Kent men's shoes impersonator on Jack Mitchell's show because I told my wife about it and she said no way and then I did my Kent's men impersonation.  Good times.

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

@uneblinstu I have to say that oddly my favorite radio moment thus far was Steve the self-proclaimed negative Nebraska fan calling into Bahe and saying that after Creighton cut the lead to nine he turned to his wife and told her we were going to lose that game and had Creighton cut the lead to 6 in the first half that Nebraska that they would have.  Also mentioned his mother was a negative person.  In the same way we generalize in this state we're going to beat Akron 85-7 we often think we're going to tragic lose every single basketball game.

2nd was probably the Kent men's shoes impersonator on Jack Mitchell's show because I told my wife about it and she said no way and then I did my Kent's men impersonation.  Good times.

The last two days have been so blissful. I particularly liked the angsty, sorrow that was Blue Jay Banter. The world is just a little brighter when the Blue is blue.

Also, I really enjoyed Jack's show. I hope that think takes off.

Edited by uneblinstu

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

My buddy in Arizona was listening to the game.  Said that Muhleisen has a great line during the broadcast when Frost was shown on the big screen and all the sweater vests started cheering.  Can't recall the exact remark; something like, "disgusting."

Speaking of Jake Muhleisen: he is leaps and bounds better on the call than he was in the previous few years.  Has gotten WAY better.

2 hours ago, rwmctrofholz said:

My buddy in Arizona was listening to the game.  Said that Muhleisen has a great line during the broadcast when Frost was shown on the big screen and all the sweater vests started cheering.  Can't recall the exact remark; something like, "disgusting."

Speaking of Jake Muhleisen: he is leaps and bounds better on the call than he was in the previous few years.  Has gotten WAY better.

Although Jake was on the Creighton bench as a grad assistant for a couple of years.  One could state that he was once sort of a Jaysker.

https://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/this-time-around-ex-husker-muhleisen-on-creighton-side-of/article_fd8e8173-591d-551e-abb7-a4823da0eb16.html