uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 10 - creighton

uneblinstu

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I re-watched the game and concentrated for a bit on the technicals.  I believe that Greg was upset about the optics behind the basket while they were shooting the free throws.  After a miss and during a substitution he looked right at Miles, pointed the direction of the basket and one can read his lips, three times he said that is bullshit.  I do believe Miles then said something in return and both were hit with T's.  Miles just had this sh** eating grin on his face, and you could see Greg saying "that is bullshit" to the referee.  

No, it's been pretty well documented what happened and from what I've been told, those are pretty accurate. Miles asked the refs to enforce the coaches box, when they did, McDermott took exception. We all saw the rest.

Edited by uneblinstu

18 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

No, it's been pretty well documented what happened and from what I've been told, those are pretty accurate. Miles asked the refs to enforce the coaches box, when they did, McDermott took exception. We all saw the rest.

That's essentially what Dirk confirmed today on 1400

Speaking of 1400 had a chance to listen to the post post game show today.  Great, would recommend.  Not sure if anyone else is or still is doing it but it's probably not better than this.

http://klinam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-552

18 hours ago, trickey said:

The funniest thing I saw at the game was a jay fan, dressed in his jay shirt, sitting two rows in front of us.

In the first half the Huskers went on a run and there was a timeout. The band started playing There Is No Place Like Nebraska.

He was clapping along and he continued to clap through the whole song, much to the amusement of my row.

I guess that is a true jaysker.

Ha  I saw a guy doing this also but he caught himself half way through and then quit clapping.....

tom.png

44 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I re-watched the game and concentrated for a bit on the technicals.  I believe that Greg was upset about the optics behind the basket while they were shooting the free throws.  After a miss and during a substitution he looked right at Miles, pointed the direction of the basket and one can read his lips, three times he said that is bullshit.  I do believe Miles then said something in return and both were hit with T's.  Miles just had this sh** eating grin on his face, and you could see Greg saying "that is bullshit" to the referee.  

this is what I thought rewatching the game today also...

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Remember the CU reaction when Miles was tossed from our NCAA tourney game b/c he went outside the coaching box?

Pretty unsympathetic.  I'm old enough to remember when CU people thought the coaching box was sacrosanct.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Had to feel great in Omaha this morning if you didn't have to pre-cut your underwear this year because of the wedgies you were used to getting at your law or accounting firm

Ha! My brother works at a firm tainted with Bluejay bluebloods. He told me he would not have showed up for work today had we lost. I have a feeling he really enjoyed work today.  

2 hours ago, Coaches kid said:

Ha! My brother works at a firm tainted with Bluejay bluebloods. He told me he would not have showed up for work today had we lost. I have a feeling he really enjoyed work today.  

I made sure to wear my Nebraska polo to work and a Nebraska basketball shirt to my dart league today for all my Creighton friends.

Edited by REDZONEDAN

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So you think Sipple just called Moos up and chatted with him over the phone before the game?   I guess I assumed chatting with someone probably meant chatting with them in person. 

Nah, I’m being sarcastic (at least a little). I’m just not a Moos fanboy and don’t like how he’s approached the basketball program. Feels a bit Eichorst/Pelini-ish. 

Edited by Buglem

7 hours ago, Buglem said:

You're quicker to dismiss Moos than I am. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he said it off the record. Dude appears to be looking for reasons to make a change.

If Miles does not get a 4-6 year extension at the end of this season, I'm off the Moos bandwagon.  Yeah, he's here to fix football, but don't ruin basketball.  I hope some donors can get in his ear with support for Miles (maybe remind him of the Devaney years when there were only 5K at the arena).  I think the fact coach only received a 1 year extension was a joke.  Its time Moos hitches his cart to coach Miles.  Hasn't Moos only hired 1 basketball coach twice?  I mean come on.  OK, rant over, I feel better. ?

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Remember the CU reaction when Miles was tossed from our NCAA tourney game b/c he went outside the coaching box?

Pretty unsympathetic.  I'm old enough to remember when CU people thought the coaching box was sacrosanct.

GM is a DB. Bottom line.

4 hours ago, Coaches kid said:

Oh, I'm sure the excuses were rampant, "we're young, we're learning to be great, we'll figure it out for March...."

Sheesh, talk about delusion. C U later!