uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 10 - creighton

uneblinstu

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

I get alil more confident every game in Allen’s ability to take over as a point guard next season. Starting to see what made him so highly rated outta high school. 

I really thought about tweeting him before the game because I thought they would make our other starters beat them but then I just thought if he's really Big Game Thomas Allen he would just show up anyway.  I wonder how much credit you can also give to a guy like Gabe Kalscheur doing what he did as an example to TA.

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I really thought about tweeting him before the game because I thought they would make our other starters beat them but then I just thought if he's really Big Game Thomas Allen he would just show up anyway.  I wonder how much credit you can also give to a guy like Gabe Kalscheur doing what he did as an example to TA.

No doubt Kalscheur has been and will be a good one for the fighting jackwagons. Minnesota is never short on talent though 

I am typically Mr. Positive, but there was one thing that sort of bugged me during the game, and quite frankly I have seen this in numerous games.  The issue is passing up very open looks, and then dribbling into a turnover.  I believe I saw it three, maybe four times last evening; and at least two of them were committed by Isaiah.  Now, that type of move may also result in points, but unfortunately, I do not remember those incidents.

Okay, that is off my chest, I am still on a Husker high right now.  What a game!

Agree—including his near-block of the shot right before the dive.  Here it is:

I didn’t realize he came all the way from the baseline to get that ball. That was badass hustle. Love the effort. He will be good. We know he can shoot. I think he can drive and score as he’s athletic as all get out and can jump outta the gym. We’ll see plenty of that next year when he’s called upon in more of a scoring/slashing role but anything he gives us now will only grow his confidence. Not that he doesn’t already have it but just good for the young dude to get in there and mix it up! Love seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

I didn’t realize he came all the way from the baseline to get that ball. That was badass hustle. Love the effort.

Yeah.  

You’ve gotta wonder about the fire-in-the-belly of the Jay kid, who had every advantage to get that ball.  Nana simply out-hustled him and took the ball away.

37 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am typically Mr. Positive, but there was one thing that sort of bugged me during the game, and quite frankly I have seen this in numerous games.  The issue is passing up very open looks, and then dribbling into a turnover.  I believe I saw it three, maybe four times last evening; and at least two of them were committed by Isaiah.  Now, that type of move may also result in points, but unfortunately, I do not remember those incidents.

Okay, that is off my chest, I am still on a Husker high right now.  What a game!

If it was only 3 or 4 times it’s less than usual. Roby tends to do that 3 or 4 himself. Allen has been getting better at not doing that the last few games I’ve watched. If miles goal is to shoot more 3s those are the ones we need to be shooting IMO

24 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Hey, wasn't there somebody on here that kept saying Nana was gone, hated being here, didn't like his lack of playing time, was transferring??

Yeah, glad that guy was wrong!

Actually, at the time the guy wasn't wrong.  But things changed.   Glad they did.  But it wasn't idle talk back then.  

I am somewhat embarrassed by the following observation:

When Creighton loses, fans on the Underground will make up excuses to indicate the loss is overblown or that somehow they won, despite losing.  They talk about being young...yada, yada, yada.

When the Huskers lose, fans on this site and others believe the world has ended as we know it, the coach and staff should be fired and that the season is pretty much over.  

Am I exaggerating a bit; probably, but jeez.

frustrated over it GIF by bubly

Very relieved to finally get a win over Creighton. And we really needed it imho. Hopefully they put up a good showing in their conference. Great effort and hustle yesterday by the whole team. Thomas Allen was really solid, especially in the first half. Our length and intensity was tough for Creighton. Let's get that OSU win on the neutral site and then we can start talking. Two road games to start back up Big Ten play will be huge. What a fun atmosphere yesterday!

21 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am somewhat embarrassed by the following observation:

When Creighton loses, fans on the Underground will make up excuses to indicate the loss is overblown or that somehow they won, despite losing.  They talk about being young...yada, yada, yada.

When the Huskers lose, fans on this site and others believe the world has ended as we know it, the coach and staff should be fired and that the season is pretty much over.  

Am I exaggerating a bit; probably, but jeez.

frustrated over it GIF by bubly

Saw that one guy was trying to say we won because we made more shots. That’s also called we played better lol

they got a few vicious guys over there from bashing players like bishop(there best recruit a year ago) to a guy saying coach Mac is an average to below average.

i really hope the ncaa catches up to them like they finally did to Oregon 

One underrated and not talked about aspect of this years team is our improved rebounding. We don’t have one great rebounded but as a team we have really improved especially our gaurds getting involved more. Borchardt does a heck of a job boxing out while in there

Random note on James Palmer's very efficient night (30 points on 12 FG attempts): This is only the second game this year against a power-conference opponent that a player has scored 30 or more points on 2.5+ points/FG attempt. The first was Markus Howard for Marquette against Kansas State, who scored an incredible 45 points on 17 FG attempts.

3 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Very relieved to finally get a win over Creighton. And we really needed it imho. Hopefully they put up a good showing in their conference. Great effort and hustle yesterday by the whole team. Thomas Allen was really solid, especially in the first half. Our length and intensity was tough for Creighton. Let's get that OSU win on the neutral site and then we can start talking. Two road games to start back up Big Ten play will be huge. What a fun atmosphere yesterday!

I will never ever hope that Creighton does well.  I don't care if it helps us or not