uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 10 - creighton

uneblinstu

1. I'm so hungover this morning and do not care
  2. NU played so hard and so well 
  3. Pitino is a jackwagon amateur - McDermott clearly has the butt-hurt jackwagon corner all to himself
  4. Ballock needs to go in Monday morning and demand a raise and a better job for his parents - without him that game is about 100-49

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Fellas.... that was a butt kickin.  Watching those highlights, they had one answer.  That answer was 6-6 from 3 to start before he started to miss or we win this one by 30.  We didn’t just win last night.  That was dominant.

Funny thing about that is last night we were having drinks and the table behind us had Craydun fans bitching about how they only lost because that damn Palmer guy couldn't miss.  Yet they completely neglect the fact that they had a guy who also hit 7 of 10 from 3, or that we shot better from 2 also, or that we out rebounded them, or shot better from the free throw line, or that we had less turnovers.  Oh well I just laughed and bragged even louder about how awesome it was kicking their asses.

3 minutes ago, Boots said:

Funny thing about that is last night we were having drinks and the table behind us had Craydun fans bitching about how they only lost because that damn Palmer guy couldn't miss.  Yet they completely neglect the fact that they had a guy who also hit 7 of 10 from 3, or that we shot better from 2 also, or that we out rebounded them, or shot better from the free throw line, or that we had less turnovers.  Oh well I just laughed and bragged even louder about how awesome it was kicking their asses.

That Palmer guy?  Hell, every one of our starters had 10+ point.  Me thinks it had less to do with “That Damn Palmer Guy” and more to do with “That Damn Blue Defense.”  Come on Creighton fans.

16 minutes ago, Boots said:

Must not have noticed Thomas Allen.   Well, everyone else did

13 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I honestly don’t think McDermott can be on the other side of it. He’s fine with dishing it out and playing around with Miles when he’s on the other end, but the minute he realizes Miles bitched him, suddenly he can’t handle it. This is coming from someone who enjoyed their banter for the past few years, seemed all in good fun.

You are 100% correct 

Man, does my morning Pepsi taste good. 

Complete team effort. Didn't matter who Crayton directed there defense someone else made a play for the Huskers. And I know I'm stretching by saying "Crayton defense".

And some of you will have to help me recalling this but there was sequence in the 1st half where Allen blocked a lay-up and NU scored off it and then I think Copeland blocked another lay-up and NU scored on that. It seemed like after that the team in blue decided to not attack the basket as much and began settling for jump shots. Because in 2nd half there appeared to be a few times there was a lane to the basket for them but they would pull up or back out and shoot the jumper. 

12 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

If we can teach nana to move his feet on defense he’s gonna be such an asset next year. And unfortunately ya we should probably plan on taking 3 more recruits in this class

He’s athletic and works hard. Takes bad angles and has bad balance on his close-outs. All fixable with time and experience. He moves his feet just fine, just typically not starting from a good place so it looks like he can’t. 

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Funny how Nebraska basketball usually is the one using the football program for recruiting purposes. I don't recall the football team bringing recruits to a hoops game before, though.

If there was EVER a basketball game to bring football recruits to, though, this was it.  The "HUSKER POWER" chant to start things off was on point. The crowd was loud and proud. 

And everyone in the arena was a Husker football fan, so ...

Bo used to do this all the time. He, his assistant coaches, and the recruits were at a lot of games. Riley did not do it nearly as much but once in a while would see some show up.

16 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Strep throat.

I had that crap twice a year through high school and college and it always seemed to be at Thanksgiving and Christmas so I couldn't enjoy the good food.  Also, driving from northwest Indiana back to Nebraska in the wintertime with the crap really stunk.  I don't think I've got it since and I hope I never do again.