uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11, ed 10 - creighton

uneblinstu

- The PBA was rocking.  Great job students, great job fans.  By the way, you could not hear the Creighton starting line ups.

- I know that the Head Coaches were sort of jawing at each other...any details why they both received technical's?

- We got up quick and maintained the lead throughout.  The ebbs and flows in the score was basically 8 points to 20+ points.  I call that a curb stomp.

- Well, those concerned that Tom and Isaiah being passive, saw what happens when they both play up to their level of expectations.

- That #24 could shoot the flippin rock!

- I have a feeling that the individual(s) who are in charge of the social postings on the big screen may be in a bit of hot water.  Did anyone else notice the particular tweet.

- Anyone who played minutes played well.  But I do not think anyone can say we overachieved.  We sort of met expectations tonight, in my mind.

Edited by Huskerpapa

My goodness that felt good.  So happy to get that monkey off of our back.  Even more though... so happy to get that taste from Wednesday out of our mouth.

1.  Every player that played did something. Period.  Team win.

2.  Starters wanted this from the get go.  My goodness that is a Sweet 16 team when everything is clicking... if not more.

3.  I can’t stand Creighton.  With that being said, they were a decent team.  That kid can shoot.  My goodness.  They’ll win some games in the Big East.  Will probably dance.  Great win.

4.  I’m not afraid of anyone this year.  Bring on anyone.  We have the dudes to compete with anyone.  Not worried about depth, not worried about scoring outside of top 5, not worried about playing away from home.

5.  We’re good.  Miles is a good coach as well.  Like that offense tonight?  We didn’t do anything different or spectacular.  We just played and made shots.  Took the right shots.  So for everyone complaining about the offense sometimes... it’s not always the scheme.

6.  8-2 in our first ten.  Wouldn’t be surprised to keep our ranking.  How many of y’all would take that 10 games into the season.

7.  We should beat OSU if we play anywhere near that.  When I say beat... I mean beat.  Should be 11-2 heading into two tough road games.  Get to 12-3.... we’re talking seeding.

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

I know that the Head Coaches were sort of jawing at each other...any details why they both received technical's?

I honestly don’t think McDermott can be on the other side of it. He’s fine with dishing it out and playing around with Miles when he’s on the other end, but the minute he realizes Miles bitched him, suddenly he can’t handle it. This is coming from someone who enjoyed their banter for the past few years, seemed all in good fun.

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

- The PBA was rocking.  Great job students, great job fans.  By the way, you could not hear the Creighton starting line ups.

- I know that the Head Coaches were sort of jawing at each other...any details why they both received technical's?

- We got up quick and maintained the lead throughout.  The ebbs and flows in the score was basically 8 points to 20+ points.  I call that a curb stomp.

- Well, those concerned that Tom and Isaiah being passive, saw what happens when they both play up to their level of expectations.

- That #23 could shoot the flippin rock!

- I have a feeling that the individual(s) who are in charge of the social postings on the big screen may be in a bit of hot water.  Did anyone else notice the particular tweet.

- Anyone who played minutes played well.  But I do not think anyone can say we overachieved.  We sort of met expectations tonight, in my mind.

You mean fuck Creighton, I think they need a promotion.

A few thoughts:

- We won't shoot like that most nights, but for tonight, it was great. Felt cathartic. Team was locked in from the jump and just didn't give the Jays much room to get back into it.

- Palmer was a superstar tonight, even with the foul trouble.

- Tom was the difference tonight, though. He was just terrific. If we can bring that more consistently, NU will be really hard to guard.

- Glynn was really good tonight.

- I'm usually pretty cynical about the whole "they want it more" crowd, but NU was diving after loose balls, even some that weren't all that loose. They were getting seemingly all the rebounds and 50/50 balls. It was one of the scrappiest efforts I think I've ever seen from NU.

- Tanner and Brady, though they played sparingly, gave some really good minutes. 

- Nana, too. 

- Ballock is really good. He had a career night. Without him, this might have been a 40 point laugher.

- This game looked like a gam between a veteran, savvy team and an inexperienced team in it's first road game.

- This game felt a lot like 2013 in the reverse. NU didn't get the separation CU did in that game, but CU couldn't miss. That's what it had to feel like for CU tonight. And it was pretty terrific.

- I couldn't be the only one that was super nervous when that thing got down to 13 at half?

- I like this team a lot. If they can bring this effort, or something close to it more regularly, they're going to be tough to beat. Maybe impossible in PBA.

- The Red Zone is vicious.

- I really, really wanted 100...

- The stats say the Jays were a bad defensive team coming into this thing. The game played out that way. NU really got about whatever they wanted tonight. And they shot it about as well as I've ever seen them do. That's a recipe for what we saw tonight.

- The crowd was really great tonight. Well done, everyone. It was number 2 for me, right behind NSS.

- I had other thoughts while I was typing this up that I forgot about before I could get them typed out...

Something occurred to me that is sort of funny.  The high flying dunk team performed at half.  Typically they are well received and the crowd is into the high flying acts.  But tonight, it was really a passive reaction.  The crowd was loud both halves, but at half time we sort of rested.

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Something occurred to me that is sort of funny.  The high flying dunk team performed at half.  Typically they are well received and the crowd is into the high flying acts.  But tonight, it was really a passive reaction.  The crowd was loud both halves, but at half time we sort of rested.

They missed one of their tricks at the women's game. but came back with a better one to end the show.

1. Crowd brought it tonight. Only one better was when we played Wisconsin on Senior night in 2013-2014 season.

2. JPJ came to play.

3. All 5 starters in double figures. It won't be the last time we see that happen this season.

4. Nana, Tanner, and Brady gave valuable minutes, especially Tanner. I really really like how TM has managed the bench this season.

5. McDermot can dish it out but he certainly can't take it.

6. How does that feel Creighton fan? Hope you enjoy wearing this one for the next year. 

7. I'm not going to look ahead tonight. Just going to enjoy this one.

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

-Nana made some huge plays that won’t show up on the stat sheet

-my only negative, sorry, but I’m recruiting as if I have one more scholarship than I do (Thor) this off season

If we can teach nana to move his feet on defense he’s gonna be such an asset next year. And unfortunately ya we should probably plan on taking 3 more recruits in this class