uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 9 - @ Minnesota

uneblinstu

9 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

So even if Moos didn't think Miles was "his guy," he really couldn't do much about it especially considering how much $$ was tied up in paying football coaches not to coach

Quick side note. Riley and Eichorst are both paid off in full. Pelini is done I think sometime around February 2019.

So it is possible that the books might be open again around March. Maybe that's what they have been preparing for?

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Quick side note. Riley and Eichorst are both paid off in full. Pelini is done I think sometime around February 2019.

So it is possible that the books might be open again around March. Maybe that's what they have been preparing for?

It will factor in either way I believe - extension or new coach. Thanks for the debate HF, hopefully the last time we have it this season!

10 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

It will factor in either way I believe - extension or new coach. Thanks for the debate HF, hopefully the last time we have it this season!

Anytime ;)

We both know there will be plenty more times. We won't be a two-loss team the rest of the season. I know you, I, and most others on this board just want what's best for the team. Let's just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

22 hours ago, colhusker said:

Poor coaching in the sense that it was very clear Palmer could not stop Coffey, and yet he continued to guard him get beat and causes others to get cheap fouls.

Copeland disappeared down the stretch.

Started missing FT down the stretch

Palmer shooting 3-14 is not going end well most nights.

Twice we had Brady on the pick and roll and threw the ball at his feet.

The iffy T and missed goal tending were killers

We are one of the worst passing teams I’ve ever seen. The simplest passes are high, low, to the left or to the right. There is usually no rhythm in our shots because our passes are sloopy and careless. A pass typically should delivered to your teammates belly button area so he can make s basketball move such as shoot it, drive it or pass it in rhythm.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Moos’s actions clearly states that Tim is not “His Guy” and I think that is misguided.

I think it is very possible he does not know yet, only been a year. If you look at record he might be unimpressed. However I think Miles has overachieved 3 of 6 years and underachieved in 2so if you look at it that way he might need to see another year for himself

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Didn't know that.  I knew Riley took a job at OSU for peanuts, so as to make Nebraska keep paying the lion's share of his salary.  Didn't realize that new AAL job was paying him enough to completely void Nebraska's financial responsibilities.  That may very well give Moos the green light to make whatever decision he wants with the basketball program, whether that be a buyout, huge raise, or whatever.

2 hours ago, bkamler said:

We are one of the worst passing teams I’ve ever seen. The simplest passes are high, low, to the left or to the right. There is usually no rhythm in our shots because our passes are sloopy and careless. A pass typically should delivered to your teammates belly button area so he can make s basketball move such as shoot it, drive it or pass it in rhythm.

Call me Mr. Contrary but rarely would you ever make a pass that will hit someone in the belly button in a game. If you are making a typical bounce pass, especially in transition, the pass should be directed at where the player is going and not where he is currently. If you are making a chest pass to someone on the perimeter, you need to pass the ball away from the defense and not to the offensive player. Hitting your teammate on the side opposite the defender is many times the difference between a completed pass and a turnover. A skip pass is mostly an overhead pass which in order to get over the defense will arrive higher than the belly button.  Some on the board talked about passes bouncing off of Brady's shins. They weren't that low but they were below the waist but from what I saw above the knees. The higher the bounce pass arrives, the longer it takes to get there. If you're bouncing the pass to his belly button it will have too much air under it, be a very slow pass, and the defense probably gets a hand on it at least. I'm still blaming the passers in those turnovers though because you have to be careful which posts you are directing that pocket/bounce pass. I've already admitted on this board that I underestimated what we were going to get from Brady. He played very well at Minny and has good hands, but he is not ready to catch those passes at the speed that a D1 basketball game is played on a consistent basis.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It's this situation I don't understand. At this point, you (AD) either think he's your guy or he's not. The final outcome of this season shouldn't make a difference.

If pressed I think Moos would say Miles ISN'T his guy ... gonna take a special season to get a decent extension after this year. I think Miles knows how Moos feels in general and might take a lateral-ish move if successful this season.