Nebraska (7-1) vs. Minnesota (6-2) Game thread

Bugeaters1

Say what you want about officiating but Nebraska has absolutely no one else to blame but themselves. Too many lulls on offense. Let Amir Coffey look like the best player in basketball. And they were not clutch at the FT line when it mattered (TA missed the front end of one and one and Glynn split a pair).

Hopefully they come out with a fire under their @$$ against Creighton and play hard for a full 40 minutes.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

If we lose that one, I'm sorry for the anger I will bring to this board.

You and me both.  Some of this loss is on Miles eating all of his timeouts and not doing any coaching.  I really wish they could have gotten this one, they were in control of it at several points.  NU just really sucked on defense and rebounding most of the night, and they just HAVE to figure out how to eliminate all of these scoring droughts/empty possessions.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Say what you want about officiating but Nebraska has absolutely no one else to blame but themselves. Too many lulls on offense. Let Amir Coffey look like the best player in basketball. And they were not clutch at the FT line when it mattered (TA missed the front end of one and one and Glynn split a pair).

Hopefully they come out with a fire under their @$$ against Creighton and play hard for a full 40 minutes.

Yup. 24-9 run by Minnesota to finish off the game is not the fault of officiating.

Just now, khoock said:

We made mistakes, but call the game for Coffey as they do for Palmer and he looks like a benchsitter,  Just stopped calling anything against him after the 3rd foul, not one foul called after the half...nonsense...2 foulss on "Shoulders" Murphy ...nonsense

Also would like to use this as another example of why i cant stand college basketball (aside from our beloved Nebrasketball). Officiating is so inconsistent and usually pretty awful across the board.

NBA is much more consistent and refs are actually held accountable for crappy calls and officiating. I know its more complicated for college (constant rule changes and many MANY more teams/games that need to be officiated) but it makes it hard to enjoy the sport as a whole.

Guys, I’m on a plane from Phoenix and it was killing me so I bought the WiFi. Just followed along this game thread. First time in a long time I haven’t been able to watch the game live on tv or in person. I must say, I’m not nearly as angry, simply because I didn’t see all of the garbage calls and scoring drought. Unfortunately, we are not a team that can afford to pee games away if we are in control. That being said, we beat CU, Cal State, Ok-State, and SW Minnesota, we are still heading into the meat of our conference with a good start- 

2 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

We made mistakes, but call the game for Coffey as they do for Palmer and he looks like a benchsitter,  Just stopped calling anything against him after the 3rd foul, not one foul called after the half...nonsense...2 foulss on "Shoulders" Murphy ...nonsense

Officiating wasnt what you would call great. But even with that subpar officiating we still managed to build a 12 pt lead ... and completely lose it. And the crappy officiating was pretty consistent the whole game which means we stopped doing what was working or Minny took it away from us.

Tough loss to take. I expect them to bounce back well against Creighton... at PBA... with kinder officiating.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Officiating wasnt what you would call great. But even with that subpar officiating we still managed to build a 12 pt lead ... and completely lose it. And the crappy officiating was pretty consistent the whole game which means we stopped doing what was working or Minny took it away from us.

Tough loss to take. I expect them to bounce back well against Creighton... at PBA... with kinder officiating.

I doubt we'll get a good game from the refs. Creighton gets every questionable call it seems.

That said, I'm the first to get angry with the refs, but tonight was more about us. We got punked. We showed zero pride defensively against Coffey. It was a joke.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

My objection is that it wasn't consistent. Coffey and Murphy were pushing off on offense and bodying defensively and they got 5 fouls combined. Roby plays an athletic and graceful game and get 5 himself. 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I doubt we'll get a good game from the refs. Creighton gets every questionable call it seems.

That said, I'm the first to get angry with the refs, but tonight was more about us. We got punked. We showed zero pride defensively against Coffey. It was a joke.

Did we try something different vs Coffey than Palmer down the stretch? More size??