KANSAS GAME THREAD

redsteve

This was an awful game.   Miserable basketball on both sides.  NU has a long ways to go but I do like Haiby and Verbeek.  I can live with their mistakes.  Kissinger was much better tonight.  If Kansas could make a shot we might have lost by 15.

Edited by Cazzie22
Incomplete post. Spelling

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

This was an awful game.   Miserable basketball on both sides.  NU has a long ways to go but I do like Haiby and Verbeek.  I can live with their mistakes.  Kissinger was much better tonight.  If Kansas could make a shot we might have lost by 15.

And had Nebraska made some shots we win 15.

Made it to a game finally... The freshman are good. I loved when they all were in together. I am still waiting for whitish to turn it around. I dont get what's going on. There was a few times she turned the ball over and cld of got the loose ball back but she just quit. Was frustrating... Kissinger was finally back in form again.. great effort... I really like mershon... she hustled like no other that first half... haiby and veerbeek are going to be good along with brown.. 

I had to watch it off and on...on my phone. ....Ugh 

Would love to see a replay.  From what I could see it looked like the team we all thought was hiding somewhere.

Veerbeek looked awesome. She is a difference maker. Can do so much...score, rebound, makes smart plays...Very high Bball IQ,  Does the small things that make a difference.

Team turned over a new leaf....way to go girls ! ?

Watched the replay this morning.....

Our defensive scheme was very effective, We clogged up the middle.... our size was a big issue...they couldn't score inside much. The zone really hurt Kansas. Rough and tumble game. We're better at it than Kansas. We were scrappy and tough tonight.

Our depth was somewhat obvious, and it did make a difference. We hit the boards tonight. Much more physical effort.... we've needed it all along. (ref's "let us play" to some extent...more B1G style rather than the blue birds HS refs)

Kissinger was all over the floor, Nice game... lead the effort. Mershon seems to have taken it up a step, and had productive minutes, looks more comfortable in there.  She moves pretty well for her size. Verbeek and Sam....are becoming a normal....very productive. Hannah is coming back. Seems a bit more focused. 

Overall.... really thought we have stepped up our game a notch...we're getting there. Still way to many silly turnovers...lots of them by upperclassmen, but they played better overall too.

We could have won by a lot more without the killer turnovers. 

On to the next one....encouraged by the nice win. 

Chemistry is a key to most successful teams. So far, it is a work in progress.  Last year was exceptional. We had a fairly young team, with key senior leadership. They seemed 

to rally around the new kids, Kate and Taylor.  A couple of early wins, strong road play,  and they found a chemistry.  This year, lots of new kids.  Playing out like two separate camps at the moment.  Hopefully, they figure it out soon.  Coach Williams has her hands full.    

8 hours ago, redsteve said:

I had to watch it off and on...on my phone. ....Ugh 

Would love to see a replay.  From what I could see it looked like the team we all thought was hiding somewhere.

Veerbeek looked awesome. She is a difference maker. Can do so much...score, rebound, makes smart plays...Very high Bball IQ,  Does the small things that make a difference.

Team turned over a new leaf....way to go girls ! ?

Watched the replay this morning.....

Our defensive scheme was very effective, We clogged up the middle.... our size was a big issue...they couldn't score inside much. The zone really hurt Kansas. Rough and tumble game. We're better at it than Kansas. We were scrappy and tough tonight.

Our depth was somewhat obvious, and it did make a difference. We hit the boards tonight. Much more physical effort.... we've needed it all along. (ref's "let us play" to some extent...more B1G style rather than the blue birds HS refs)

Kissinger was all over the floor, Nice game... lead the effort. Mershon seems to have taken it up a step, and had productive minutes, looks more comfortable in there.  She moves pretty well for her size. Verbeek and Sam....are becoming a normal....very productive. Hannah is coming back. Seems a bit more focused. 

Overall.... really thought we have stepped up our game a notch...we're getting there. Still way to many silly turnovers...lots of them by upperclassmen, but they played better overall too.

We could have won by a lot more without the killer turnovers. 

On to the next one....encouraged by the nice win. 

If I remember right, Coach said that she and Mershon had a talk. And coach told her the things that she needed to do to get more playing time.