KANSAS GAME THREAD

redsteve

Caveat — i never used the word selfish. I consider selfish to mean intentional.  I don’t think anyone is being intentionally selfish. I think it is normal youthful misunderstand of what it takes to have a successful team    Every girl at this level was the star in high school  (even more so than guys) so they all assume they have to shoot right away to impact the game because that was always their job growing up .  It takes them a bit to learn that you defend, rebound, and value the ball your way in to more minutes as that earns trust.  They will score in the flow if they will concentrate on the other stuff first. 

I said it in another thread previously.....(don't think the selfishness thing is selfishness at all)...said before they get into somewhat of a panic because of always behind, and revert back into the mode that they (the individual) must do all they can to score.....in order for the team to win.  They want so bad.... for the team to be successful.

Slow down just slightly, and think of the assist to an open player, and the team will be more productive  ...can't forget the Drake game where Drake executed the "team game" to almost perfection.

Drastically lower turnovers, rebound like warriors, and pass...  assists that score.

Edited by redsteve

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

I said it in another thread previously.....(don't think the selfishness thing is selfishness at all)...said before they get into somewhat of a panic because of always behind, and revert back into the mode that they (the individual) must do all they can to score.....in order for the team to win.  They want so bad.... for the team to be successful.

Slow down just slightly, and think of the assist to an open player, and the team will be more productive  ...can't forget the Drake game where Drake executed the "team game" to almost perfection.

Drastically lower turnovers, rebound like warriors, and pass...  assists that score.

Exactly what I was thinking about when I was reading your post Steve!  :nod:

I had to watch it off and on...on my phone. ....Ugh 

Would love to see a replay.  From what I could see it looked like the team we all thought was hiding somewhere.

Veerbeek looked awesome. She is a difference maker. Can do so much...score, rebound, makes smart plays...Very high Bball IQ,  Does the small things that make a difference.

Team turned over a new leaf....way to go girls ! ?