Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Norm Peterson

We're 7-1, Kenpom and NET top 25, with a win over ...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

 

I just watched this gif like 20 times.  Sill can't tell if I'm impressed or repulsed.

Is he sucking his lip in or sticking his tongue out, either way creepy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jdw said:

Is he sucking his lip in or sticking his tongue out, either way creepy.

 

Definitely sticking his tongue out.  I'm impressed that he had enough swagger to try to pull off the tongue-slightly-out-finger-point look.  And yet...oh so creepy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Just please don’t refinish it like the eyesore that is Williams arena. They’ve taken one of my All-time favorite gyms  and gave it a “white out” treatment that should sadden every Gopher from Willie Burton to Dave Winfield. Just wait til you see it Wednesday.

 

I love what we have, so I'm just hoping for a refinishing, not a new design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jason2486 said:

 

I love what we have, so I'm just hoping for a refinishing, not a new design. 

 

If it were up to me I would use the same stain color on the whole court.  Not a fan of the darker stain in the 3 point circles.  Also, I would get rid of the N at center court and replace it with script Huskers.  Finally, and I know this opinion would be unpopular, but I'm not a big fan of the state outline at midcourt and I'd want to 86 that too.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

If it were up to me I would use the same stain color on the whole court.  Not a fan of the darker stain in the 3 point circles.  Also, I would get rid of the N at center court and replace it with script Huskers.  Finally, and I know this opinion would be unpopular, but I'm not a big fan of the state outline at midcourt and I'd want to 86 that too.

All I really care about is that "the paint" actually be painted.  But that doesn't seem to happen very often any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Why is it called a key when it clearly resembles a keyhole?

Not sure if serious, but back in the day, the lane was much narrower than the circle (which was used for jump balls on each side of the court), so the entire situation was called "the key." Of course, it was even more phallic than key-like, but back in the early 20th-century, people didn't express their filthiest impulses publicly.

Edited by jayschool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 49r said:

 

Why is it called a key when it clearly resembles a keyhole?

I think the key is just one side of the paint. 

 

Take an old skeleton key and lay it flat...it looks a bit like the sides of the paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayschool said:

Not sure if serious, but back in the day, the lane was much narrower than the circle (which was used for jump balls on each side of the court), so the entire situation was called "the key." Of course, it was even more phallic than key-like, but back in the early 20th-century, people didn't express their filthiest impulses publicly.

Or that...which is probably more accurate.

 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Wikipedia:

 

Originally, the key was narrower and was shaped like a keyhole, measuring six feet (1.8 m) wide, hence its name "the key", with the free-throw circle as the head, and the shaded lane as the body. It has been also called "cup" or "bottle" in other languages, because of how it looks from other perspectives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, atskooc said:

All I really care about is that "the paint" actually be painted.  But that doesn't seem to happen very often any more.

 

Get outta here with your bougie "paint".  It's expensive enough to put the lines down!  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

IDK how we got on this conversadion, but the court looks fine to me. Both in person and on TV. Also, Indiana's court has some weird white balance issues.

 

Speaking of Indiana, have you ever noticed the weird camera angle at their home games?  It's situated at about the free throw line on the left side of the court.  Always throws me off watching it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 49r said:

 

Speaking of Indiana, have you ever noticed the weird camera angle at their home games?  It's situated at about the free throw line on the left side of the court.  Always throws me off watching it.

Yeah, it's super weird. It happens sometimes when you try to retro fit those old arenas for new technology, which is what I'm guessing happened there.

Edited by uneblinstu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Yeah, it's super weird. It happens sometimes when you try to retro fit those old arenas for new technology, which is what I'm guessing happened there.

 

Assembly Hall was built in 1971.  They had television back then.  They even broadcast games.  Even if it's a retrofit, they should have been able to put the camera at midcourt (or at least closer to it).  Not to mention it's gone through a massive renovation recently, one would think at least they could have fixed the camera angles that time.

 

No...there's something sinister going on here I think.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, jayschool said:

Thanks for saving me a trip to the swamp.

 

Oh, and there's more.  From a thread about getting back into the AP rankings for the first time since 2014 (and just the 2nd time since probably 1996?):

 

"Yeah, those pesky 18 point blowouts always seem to get in the way of moving up in the rankings."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×