We're 7-1, Kenpom and NET top 25, with a win over ...

Norm Peterson

Clemson on the road, and we just got done with a 15-point win at home against a conference foe where the outcome was never really in doubt (Illinois closed to 9 twice in the second half, but never got closer than that.)

And STILL, people over on that other board are throwing shade on this team, this coach, and this program.  A sample (complete with grammatical/spelling errors):

"We’ll see how behind him you’re after the Cryhton game next Saturday... "

"Unless Tim Miles takes us to the round of 32 this season I will consider it a  failure and would like to move on from him. I'm no expert on basketball offensive sets but I know a couple guys who are and they agree with what others here have said, that it's a middle school offense. In 7 years Tim has not been able to recruit or develop a big and has survived on the backs of two gamers in Terran and JPJ getting hot. That's not a sustainable strategy. I hope I'm wrong but I've been hurt by this program too many times to not be cautious."

"Apparently, a 47-62 conference record is good enough to fool a few people around here."

"I don't love Tim miles as a coach. He has a great starting 5 this year and that's what will (hopefully) get us a tourney win or 2 this year. Unfortunately, I think we lose most of our talent after this year and return to a below average team. I hope I'm wrong."

"Miles really doesn't have a clue about recruiting or developing a post player and seems to have a sense of disdain for big men. So he's better off recruiting perimeter bigs and forcing them to fend for themselves (minus decent technique) on the inside."

37 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Clemson on the road, and we just got done with a 15-point win at home against a conference foe where the outcome was never really in doubt (Illinois closed to 9 twice in the second half, but never got closer than that.)

And STILL, people over on that other board are throwing shade on this team, this coach, and this program.  A sample (complete with grammatical/spelling errors):

Thanks for saving me a trip to the swamp.

Conference winning percentages of Nebraska head coaches since Joe Cipriano:

• Cip .529 (126-112)
  • Moe .536 (45-39)
  • Nee .431 (88-116)
  • Collier .375 (36-60)
  • Doc .347 (36-64)
  • Miles .431 (47-62)

That's a positive trend line, and if the Huskers manage to win 10 games or more in the Big Ten this year, Tim is our most successful conference coach in more than 30 years.

Edited by jayschool

54 minutes ago, 49r said:

Some people don't (and will never) understand basketball.

Correct... You got to make the most of their idiocy

I bet PeliniTheCrutch over on that board $50...

After we beat Clemson everyone over there assumes that they must suck.  He made the comment that Clemson is going to lose 14+ games.  I said I got $50 says your wrong.  I will now be $50 richer by seasons end!

PeliniTheCrutch: "No doubt a good win. But I’ll take any bets from someone who thinks Clemson will lose less than 14 games this year."

Me: I've got you

$50

So if they go something and 13 or less I win right? Put it in the books, bet is on

PeliniTheCrutch: All losses count. We’ll keep in touch my man!

If anyone is unaware Clemson returned 85% of their Sweet 16 team from last year, including 4 starters.  Nebraska is good and Clemson is going to win 20 games this year without lifting a finger

Edited by big red22

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

You're welcome.  

I generally go over there for updates on football stuff.  But then, when I see a hoops thread, it's hard for me to not look at it.  It's generally an eye-roll affair, though.  Feel bad for a couple of the more reasonable guys over there who've been dismissed as nothing more than "Miles apologists."

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

Here's another thing:  The level of douchebaggery over there when it comes to dissing Husker hoops is monumental.  

If things pan out for Husker hoops the way I anticipate based on how things are going, I'm going to have some choice words for some of those folks who chose to be dicks about this program over the last few years.

I might drop an f-bomb or two.  I apologize in advance.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Here's another thing:  The level of douchebaggery over there when it comes to dissing Husker hoops is monumental.  

If things pan out for Husker hoops the way I anticipate based on how things are going, I'm going to have some choice words for some of those folks who chose to be dicks about this program over the last few years.

I might drop an f-bomb or two.  I apologize in advance.

I apologize in advance for you being too nice.

Just now, big red22 said:

Iowa and Wisconsin are both way overrated

Not really.  Io_a actually has decent wins if nothing else.

We are just underrated.  Nobody wants to admit we finished 4th last year and brought virtually everyone back.... and the conference just looks better in the metrics this year.

I lost track of how many preseason rankings had us 7th or worse in the conference.  People don't want to see it.

I’m happy to say I don’t know what that “other” board is, but judging from that sample size it looks like they’d have a hard time speaking knowledgeably about Greg Downing or Jerry Shoecraft. As far as Creighton goes, why would we discontinue a series we “owned” until their recent run? We’ll be at worst 11-2 rolling into the meat of the Conference schedule.

17 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’m happy to say I don’t know what that “other” board is, but judging from that sample size it looks like they’d have a hard time speaking knowledgeably about Greg Downing or Jerry Shoecraft. As far as Creighton goes, why would we discontinue a series we “owned” until their recent run? We’ll be at worst 11-2 rolling into the meat of the Conference schedule.

HuskerOnline

Ive usedbit since like 2004, but for basketball it’s a wasteland usually.

Actually, when it is about what to do with coaches of any sport, they say anyone that isn’t a Nebraska legacy should be fired.

43 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

HuskerOnline

Ive usedbit since like 2004, but for basketball it’s a wasteland usually.

Actually, when it is about what to do with coaches of any sport, they say anyone that isn’t a Nebraska legacy should be fired.

It's probably worse than that.  It's chronically toxic to put it mildly.