Scouting Minnesota

49r

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

This scout is incredibly simple:

1. Make every effort not to put Minnesota on the FT line and we win this game

2. Only close out hard at the 3pt line on Gabe Kalscheur; everyone else we probably want to take that shot

which invariably means Kalscheur is left wide open for a dozen clear treys and the Varmint Cong get 40 ft attempts. Got it. 

1 minute ago, tcp said:

which invariably means Kalscheur is left wide open for a dozen clear treys and the Varmint Cong get 40 ft attempts. Got it. 

I think we have a much better scout on Kalscheur and we're talking about the 5th option on the team here.  Murphy and Coffey are the big concern

59 minutes ago, khoock said:

Nana is out, correct?

Is that really a big deal for us? Seems as if his minutes have gone from 15-18 per game down to single digits recently.

Yes, he supposedly is out.  My bat-sense was tingling on this announcement.  I thought Nana's first half against Purdue was his best half of basketball in about three weeks.  Yet he did not play in the second half.  After the game, I asked if anyone knew the reason why, and there were no responses.  So was he ill then, or did something else occur?  

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yes, he supposedly is out.  My bat-sense was tingling on this announcement.  I thought Nana's first half against Purdue was his best half of basketball in about three weeks.  Yet he did not play in the second half.  After the game, I asked if anyone knew the reason why, and there were no responses.  So was he ill then, or did something else occur?  

Seems like if he would have been ill in middle of a game that would have been brought up.