Creighton 2018-19, The Thread

PimpMario

Here is what is bugging the ever living s*** out of me right now.  We play the Minnesota Gophers tonight.  Who gives a crap about Creighton right now???  this is a Tier 1 game (or whatever the heck it is called) tonight and it is a conference game that will make us 2-0 with one of those games on the road.  We cannot look ahead.  Not for Creighton.  Goodness, let's get a win TONIGHT!!!

Edited by Huskerpapa

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Here is what is bugging the ever living s*** out of me right now.  We play the Minnesota Gophers tonight.  Who gives a crap about Creighton right now???  this is a Tier 1 game (or whatever the heck it is called) tonight and it is a conference game that will make us 2-0 with one of those games on the road.  We cannot look ahead.  Not for Creighton.  Goodness, let's get a win TONIGHT!!!

While I totally understand not wanting to talk about Creighton, I don't think any threads here are going to have any effect on tonight's game. 

If we're talking about Creighton on this board, how does that affect the team's performance against Minnesota?

Whether we as fans look ahead has no bearing on the team's performance.

9 minutes ago, atskooc said:

While I totally understand not wanting to talk about Creighton, I don't think any threads here are going to have any effect on tonight's game. 

If we're talking about Creighton on this board, how does that affect the team's performance against Minnesota?

Whether we as fans look ahead has no bearing on the team's performance.

True dat...but players can be influenced by the general environment of the fan base.  If the fans are fired up, it helps charge the team's batteries.  Perhaps more so at home, yet I worry about things like that.  

By the way, if I do not wear the right clothing, or get to the game at the same time, or watch the game from the same seat when it is on TV, we are at risk of playing bad or losing.  Just saying...

Edited by Huskerpapa

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

True dat...but players can be influenced by the general environment of the fan base.  If the fans are fired up, it helps charge the team's batteries.  Perhaps more so at home, yet I worry about things like that.  

By the way, if I do not wear the right clothing, or get to the game at the same time, or watch the game from the same seat when it is on TV, we are at risk of playing bad or losing.  Just saying...

The HHC account is tweeting only Minnesota specific stuff right now.

5 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Here are just a handful of metropolitan regions that are larger than #59 Omaha/Council Bluffs:

Honolulu

Tulsa

Tucson

Birmingham

Salt Lake City

Louisville

Richmond

Raleigh

Memphis

Milwaukee

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Las Vegas

Pittsburgh

Portland

Charlotte

St. Louis

And none of those listed above even crack the Top 20.

While I am not a jaysker I am from Omaha and there seems to be a lot of hate for Omaha on this board. Just wondering where Lincoln falls in the list of metro areas.

I travel 35- 40 times per year, all over the country. I’m typing this post from Phoenix, it’s 70 degrees and Scottsdale is a place someone from Nebraska should consider retiring to. I’ve lived in Omaha my whole life, am proud to be from Omaha, love it, but it’s nothing like any of the other larger cities. That’s both good and bad, btw. I also enjoy downtown Lincoln and Haymarket too. 

3 hours ago, BigTate said:

While I am not a jaysker I am from Omaha and there seems to be a lot of hate for Omaha on this board. Just wondering where Lincoln falls in the list of metro areas.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Having lived in Lincoln, Omaha, Boston and now KC I can say with absolute certainty that while Omaha is a fine town (and one I would absolutely gladly live in again), to try to say it's anywhere near comparable to even KC, let alone Chicago or cities on the east coast, is laughable.

No hate for Omaha. Not hate for Lincoln. Or even Scottsbluff.

But exactly what @49r said.

And why try to compare yourself to those cities? Trying to be more like those cities takes away from what's special about those cities in Nebraska. Because, honestly, it's not for everyone.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

If you think you feel like crap after this Minnesota game think about what it might feel like during the week off if we lose to these guys should you find yourself sitting quietly in your seats on Saturday.

Sick thinking about this. I can't take another loss to these guys. We have better players but time and time again, we get out-coached and out-played as they always play better as a team and we have too many guys trying to play individual ball. I hope this year is different and we can get over the hump. 

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

If you think you feel like crap after this Minnesota game think about what it might feel like during the week off if we lose to these guys should you find yourself sitting quietly in your seats on Saturday.

If we lose on Saturday, we’ve got to shut this board down for a week.  Promise?

Edited by hskr4life

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If we lose on Saturday, we’ve got to shit this board down for a week.  Promise?

I will need this place to vent if we lose Saturday. The CU/NU rivalry will have me in a very fragile mental state, a loss means either vent here or set fire to my couch outside my home and drink massive quantities of Busch Light. 

Edit - While sobbing uncontrollably, can't forget that. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle