Creighton 2018-19, The Thread

PimpMario

Two things to keep in mind as well is that Creighton is awful in the paint, only 8 points today and Gonzaga is missing two of their starters if I’m not mistaken.  Honestly the 3 things we will have going for us is we are better defensively, we are so much better in the paint and we are at home.  Not to say it won’t be close, but I still think it is our game to lose.  I don’t see our three seniors losing this game this year after we let it get away from us last season.  

And let’s not look ahead to much either, keep in mind after what I’ve seen from Illinois and Minnesota this week we should handle them if we play our game.  Don’t get me wrong, I want to beat Creighton as much as anyone, but starting 2-0 in conference play is just as important in my book.  

9 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

And let’s not look ahead to much either, keep in mind after what I’ve seen from Illinois and Minnesota this week we should handle them if we play our game.  Don’t get me wrong, I want to beat Creighton as much as anyone, but starting 2-0 in conference play is just as important in my book.  

Arguably you could say it might be more.  I could see an argument for that.

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Arguably you could say it might be more.  I could see an argument for that.

Not if we beat Okie state, if we would have 3 quality wins against big conference opponents and go 1-1 with the Big East and 1-1 with the Big 12 we would have more then enough quality non-con wins already to focus on conference play.  That’s not counting Cal State Fullerton who won their conference and went to the dance last year.  However, not beating Illinois and Minnesota before we go to a ranked Maryland and a ranked Iowa team sets us up to start 2-2, 1-3 or 0-4.  That’s a far worse hole to dig out of them just a lose to Creighton.  IMO

4 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

Clemson intentionally fouled us FOUR TIMES what’s going on I assumed that wasn’t a college rule?

I think the difference is Clemson fouled our guys going for the ball.  Creighton fouled a guy who was not anywhere near the ball.

Creighton started 6 of 9 from 3.  Hit 8 of their last 23.

Edited by brfrad

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

It was awesome that Crayton fans were booing visitors?  Good lord what have TV announcers come to?

Those poor kids pay $50K a year to have the right to boo whomever they want, NK. Deal with it. ?

Correction: The full cost is more than $53,000.

Edited by jayschool