LOL Iowa

Huskerpapa

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/iowa-broadcaster-gary-dolphin-apologizes-after-hes-caught-ripping-basketball-team-on-air/ar-BBQdtZX?li=BBnba9I

An interesting read.  Iowa announcers didn't know they were getting recorded...even they struggle a bit with the quality of their players

What Have I Done GIF - Shame Regret Panda GIFs

Edited by Huskerpapa

What about the producer whose job it is to cut the mic during commercials? I mean, I get that the University employee shouldn't be saying bad stuff about the UI on the air, but it's kind of silly to blast Dolph for something he suspected wasn't going to be broadcast, but some moron in charge of the board hit the wrong switch.

Edited by jayschool

3 hours ago, jayschool said:

What about the producer whose job it is to cut the mic during commercials? I mean, I get that the University employee shouldn't be saying bad stuff about the UI on the air, but it's kind of silly to blast Dolph for something he suspected wasn't going to be broadcast, but some moron in charge of the board hit the wrong switch.

Oh, I'm sure whomever was responsible for the "technical problem" got lit up pretty good. But still, this is broadcast 101--always assume that if you're near a mic that it's on. I thought a suspension was harsh, but it was mostly because he named a player, which was bad form. Otherwise I don't think anything happens. Imagine having to give that apology....

12 minutes ago, tcp said:

Oh, I'm sure whomever was responsible for the "technical problem" got lit up pretty good. But still, this is broadcast 101--always assume that if you're near a mic that it's on. I thought a suspension was harsh, but it was mostly because he named a player, which was bad form. Otherwise I don't think anything happens. Imagine having to give that apology....

Imagine having to sit on the team plane, or attend a practice or just about anything else that may involve Fran and the player in question...

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Anyone have video of the scrum or the triple tech from last night

There was a triple technical?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/2018/12/06/heres-what-iowa-iowa-state-had-say-court-feuds-cy-hawk-game-steve-prohm-fran-mccaffery-cordell-pemsl/2235586002/

Videos here. I sort of wondered why MJ knocked the ball out of Connor McCaffery because I didn't see the earlier tussle.

12 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

To be fair, Jacobson and Morrow have both been serviceable cogs in their respective team's successes. They would have both helped us this year if they had accepted similar roles for the Huskers. Neither will ever be a star at this level though.

Jake really put a lot of work in during his redshirt year and you can see it with his confidence in his offensive game.

That was not even close to a charge in any sport of basketball.  This charge/block call is one of the worst officiated calls in sports (especially college basketball)  Pemsl was moving when contact was made.  How is that a charge?  Nebraska needs to take an acting class on flopping.  That is why we never take a charge.  Because when we try we take it, we don't act like we got bulldozed by an offensive linemen.

Pemsl would have gotten his clock cleaned, and he should have received the tech.  I have no idea what Jacobson did outside of jawing at Iowa.  Pemsl comes over well after the play and shoves him.